Painting Flowers

~A/N: Hi guys! Hope y'all like this one shot! I love this song so much, so I had to write a one shot based on it! How many of you here have heard Panic! At The Disco's song 'Hallelujah'? Well, if you haven't, it's fabulous and you should listen to it. Anyway, hope y'all are having a good day/night <3 Dedicated to @_All_The_Ships_ for the decision :) ~

Liam and Niall met at the hands of fate.

Of course, they were completely oblivious of this fact.

Liam thought he was only going to pick up a pint of milk from a corner shop down his road, and Niall was walking down the street by the park, looking for a pretty flower to pick. When they clashed, they had no idea what this would cause.

The two boys were 19, barely adults. Liam was working at his parent's café, while Niall was an art student at the local university. His favourite things to paint were flowers.

He had stashes of dried paintings in his room, some crammed in his black art book, some stuck up on the wall of his room, and some hung up, the waved water-coloured paper waiting to dry.

"Are you looking for something?"

"Hmmm?"

"You just...You look as if you're looking for something." Liam admitted, scratching the back of his neck, at the shorter brown hairs.

Baby blue eyes looked up at him. "I'm looking for a flower-"

"A flower?-"

"Yes,a flower. To paint."

"Oh, I see. Well I should help you look for one, shouldn't I? To make up for knocking into you."

And so, the boys set out on a small journey to the local park. They discussed their favourite bands, hobbies and dilemmas including having to choose between two characters to marry or throw in a fiery pit.

Niall returned home with a bunch of pretty, multi-coloured flowers in his hand and the hazy memory of a brown-eyed boy in his mind.

***************

*2 weeks later*

"Hello."

Niall's head snapped up from his drawing hand to see the boy who had luscious brown hair, eyes the colour of chocolate and a name he didn't know.

"Hi." Niall breathed out, retrieving his bag from the seat opposite him. He was sitting in a café, drawing.

"What do you have there? You don't need to tell me if you don't want to, of course."

"No, it's okay. It's a flower." He smiled, looking down at his creation, proud of his achievement so far.

"It's beautiful! You have a thing for flowers don't you?" Liam smirked, already knowing the answer.

"Maybe..."

And so, the boy became puppets of fate.

For the next two months, they spent as much time as they could together, looking into each other's eyes, singing, and Niall painted as Liam watched because he didn't believe to have any artistic talent.

Liam grew to become infatuated with the blue-eyed boy: hanging on his every word, every moment, every brush stroke.

Niall's feeling were completely mutual, of course; fate couldn't have got it more right.

***************

*3 months later*

The two boys were laying in a meadow, fingers intertwined, looking at the sky.