Favourite Record

(A/N: Hi! Just a warning, this is SAD, like, even for my standards, I actually cried writing this. The song that inspired this is on the side/top (you should listen, it's beautiful)!)

***************

Liam's P.O.V:

He was gone.

He really was.

My whole world seemed to crumble around me as I stood, watching. Helpless.

He was dead, and there was nothing I could do.

"You'll be okay." Harry said from opposite me.

"No I won't! Are you serious?! He meant everything to me! I'll never be okay!" I wailed, tears flooding my eyes as I ran to my room, falling atop of the bed, crying into my arm. How could he do this? How could Niall leave? He was gone, now forever. There wasn't going to be another morning where I woke up to his smile, not another walk in the park, not another passionate kiss. Because he was dead.

I couldn't contemplate the fact that he was really gone. That he just wasn't there.

I lay on my bed, sobbing, while flashes of memories blurred in my mind.

"This is my favourite song." His charming voice with a thick accent played through my ears.

"Well, may I have this dance?" I asked, extending my arm towards him.

Niall laced our fingers together as he stood up.

I pulled him closer to me, wrapping my arms around his petite waist. His hands soon found their way around my neck as we stepped to the gentle music. We were standing in the middle of our kitchen, the only light coming from above the stove.

I looked into his beautiful blue eyes, as they gazed back at me.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." He said, before placing his head on my shoulder.

That's all I had now: the memories. I could never see his face again. And I already missed it. I already missed his healing smile, his smooth voice, I missed the feeling of him beside me. How could I forget? Forget the way we danced? Forget the way I loved him.

****************

The funeral was over now, a week after the death. And I had spent all this time doing one thing: crying. Crying for the past memories and the lack of ones for the future.

Everyone had left now, and I was alone under the dark clouds which were rolling above the cementary. I knelt by Niall's gravestone."Why? Why did you have to leave me? What do I have now? Without your love, I'm nothing, can't you see? You're the only thing on my mind, and now you're gone, and all I feel is emptiness. How do I remember to forget? The time we danced with the windows down in the middle of our kitchen is stuck in my mind. That song plays over and over in my head, and, a few days ago, I danced to it in the kitchen, pretending you were there. And I almost felt you presence, as if you were still there to spin me around. Please tell me you're still here. I loved you so much. I still do." Salty tears were slipping down my face as I stood up.

"I'll spin for you like your favourite records used to."

***************

~A/N: This is the first time I have cried so much over writing. I'm sorry if you cried too. But this has to be one of my favourite one shots I have written, sorry not sorry. I'm not going to do a QOTC (sorry) because idk, I feel like it would ruin the atmosphere of the one shot, call me weird or whatever.  Hope y'all are having a jolly good day/night, ily <3 ~