Girlfriend

~ A/N: Hi y'all! Hope your week is off to a good start :) It was my first day back today, and it felt like it lasted for years. I finally got 'Nothing Personal' by ATL on CD, after always wanting to buy it but never getting around to it. You should check it out, it's an awesome album :)

Dedication: Maddie for the prompt and general amazingness.(passes you coffee with sugar and cream ;D

~

Niall's P.O.V:

I could feel his presence beside me. His warm hand was mere inches away from mine on the sofa.

"Your fans are very dedicated. What stands out to you the most with what they do at concerts?" The blond interviewer asked.

A series of typical questions followed, and it was is I was having déjà vu.
I didn't really pay much attention to her though, I was too busy looking at Liam.

His eyes were glimmering from the bright lights surrounding us, his smile never fading. His beautiful brown locks looked luscious as ever, and I was fighting the urge to kiss him.

This was a regular thing for me. Loving Liam yet having to hide it. He didn't have a girlfriend, but he never talked about questioning his sexuality, and he told me everything, we were best friends.

If only I was more to him than just that.

Suddenly, I heard my name.

"Niall?" The interviewer asked.

"Um, sorry can you repeat the question?"

She smiled an achingly fake grin. "Is there a special girl in your life?"

I looked into Liam's eyes. "No." I shook my head.

"Well any girl would be lucky to have you." She said.

I was fighting the urge to roll my eyes.

"What about you Liam?"

He looked down. "Yeah, actually. I have a girlfriend."

What.

"Tell us more." The interviewer encouraged.

No.

"Her name is Sophia, she's amazing."

No!

"She really understands me, and our relationship is great because of that."

You've got to be kidding me.

"I'd only known her for two weeks and already knew she was the one."

Stop.

I felt my eyes brim with tears and stood up, shielding my face.

"Excuse me." I choked out and ran away.

I kept running until I reached a lonely hallway where I leaned back on the wall, sliding down and wrapping my arms around my tucked up knees. Tears left my eyes and rolled down my cheeks, I soon felt them hot up. Since when did Liam have a girlfriend? Why didn't I know about her?

Maybe I should have told him. If I did, then maybe, just maybe, he might love me back.

But he had no idea that I loved him.

He had no idea that my heart was breaking.

"Nialler?" I heard a familiar voice from above me.

I looked up to see Liam standing in front of me.

"Are you alright?"

Biting my lip, I shook my head.

He extended his arm, and I place my hand in his before he pulled me up.

He was closer than I expected him to be.

"What happened?" He asked, our faces inching closer.

Without thinking, I moved forward, connecting our lips.

Oh my God.

I was kissing him.

He was kissing back.

My mind couldn't even contemplate what was happening, but somehow, my arms found their way around his neck.

We pulled apart.

"I'm-I'm sorry." I breathed out.

"Don't apolohize. I've been wanting to kiss you for almost five years now." He smiled, looking into my eyes.

"What?"

"I love you. So so much. I've just been stupid enough to keep it to myself all these years."

"B-but what about Sophia?"

"Management. They payed her to date me to make me more 'straight'."
He said, raising his fingers to make inverted commas.

I giggled. "Well, it looks like they've failed."