Amnesia

~A/N: Hi y'all! Before you read this please realize that I am not in any way trying to romanticize the idea of amnesia. I realize that it is a serious issue, and used it solely for plot purposes. 5SOS faced a bit of backlash for the lyrics of the song this is based on, which I though was unnecessary, as people write songs about much worse things and get away with it. Anyways, I hope y'all are doing fine, ily <3

QOTC: Do you have any favourite youtubers? If so, how did you discover their channels?
My answer: I absolutely LOVE Dan and Phil (danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil). Funilly enough, I started watching their vlogs on Christmas Day... Also, Tyler Oakley, Hank and John Green, and I sometimes watch Connor Franta :)

~

Liam's P.O.V:

I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted.

The memories flashed in my mind. Everything we ever did together, every kiss, every touch flooded my mind like a cliché movie scene. And even though his friends told me he was fine, I knew, I just knew that he was missing me. He had to be. Could our relationship mattered so little to him? Was it all just a lie?

If it was, I fell for it. Hard. I want to talk to him. To tell him that I would never do anything to hurt him. To tell him I love him. But even thinking about him gave my heart a sinking feeling.

And I really wasn't fine at all.

I still remember that day so clearly.

I woke up with Niall in my arms as usual, not knowing it would be the last time. I just left for groceries, and came back to the sight of Niall packing his suitcase.

"Ni, what are you doing?" Questioning, I frowned.

"I'm leaving." He said, tears brimming his beautiful blue eyes.

"Where?"

"I'm leaving you, Liam." He sobbed.

"Why?" I asked with a shaky voice.

"I have to." He whispered, choking back a sob.

I shook my head. "No you don't."

"I do." He said, wiping away his tears with his sleeve.

I just stood there in shock. Why? Why did he all of a sudden have to leave me?

"Please don't." I cried as he zipped up the suitcase.

Niall shook his head, walking down the stairs, pulling his baggage behind him.

"Niall please. I love you. Please don't leave." Tears were freely strolling down my cheeks as I wrapped my fingers weakly around his wrist.

We right in front of the door.

"Please let me go." He cried.

I let my hand drop, feeling helpless as Niall opened the door, crying. Before I knew it, he was gone.

But the memories would never escape.

I fell down on the floor, sliding against the door. Looking ahead of me, I saw three photo frames on the wall. All of them contained pictures of me and Niall. Me and Niall happy. I felt more lonely than ever. The house was silent apart from my escaping sobs.

He had moved on now. And it hurt so much. It hurt that he was happy with someone else. It was hard to hear his name when I hadn't seen him in so long.

I wish that I could just wake up like all of this was just some twisted dream. I wish I could forget about it. I wish that these memories were gone so I didn't have to suffer. I wish that I could wake up with amnesia. Just so I could forget and unbreak my heart. Yet somehow, I want to remember. I want to remember how much I loved him. How much he loved me. Or at least I thought he did.