010┊𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧

⌌ ⌍

⌎                                                                  ⌏

⌎ ⌏

Primrose just entered the Salvatore home, after the events that happened that night she was extremely exhausted. She sighed and fell backward onto the red sofa, staring up at the ceiling that was decorated with woodwork swirls and curves, in hopes to bore herself to sleep. Her emotions were crashing through her mind, everything she said popping back up and eating away at her guilty conscience. Prim didn't want to admit that she liked the feeling of being powerful, of seeing people struggle to fight back. She also hated it, being so powerful to end someone's life in a second, to be able to inflict such horror on a person and make them wonder if they were going to make it. It was all very confusing, and Prim just wanted to sleep it off.

The sound of heels approaching interrupted her from doing so, the sound echoing off the stone pavement outside and stopping at the front door. She quickly sat up, watching the thick wooden door intensely, waiting for any sort of movement. As if it was in slow motion, the door opened, a familiar face entering. "Elena?" Prim spoke, rising from her seat and approaching very cautiously, something didn't feel right. Elena's shocked eyes met hers, the two girls observing each other in curiosity. "What are you doing here." The blonde asked stiffly, her posture stiffening and face contorting into disbelief.

"I came to see Stefan," Elena replied, her voice seemed dull, clueless even. Prim tilted her head at her sideways, chuckling bitterly before lunging for her. The two girls sped back down the hallway, crashing into the closed kitchen door. Prim stood above the brunette, hand clamped tightly around her throat, the other, holding one of her wrists down. Both faces had transformed, each now having blood-red eyes and thick black veins prodding against the skin under their eyes. Katherine smirked up at her, changing their positions quickly. Prim gasped against her hold, reaching up to her wrist and harshly pulling it down. A loud snap followed by a pained grunt echoed into her ear, the sound of Katherine in pain was so satisfying to Prim, the fact that she caused it was even better.

With the hold on her now gone, she quickly pushed Katherine backward, her back colliding with the, now broken, kitchen door. Katherine stumbled backward into the sink, grabbing a large knife that was on the side. She marched up to Prim, swiping the knife at her body, a swoosh following the knife's every movement. Prim jumped back, avoiding the tip of the blade by an inch. Her body went into auto-pilot, grabbing the wrist that held the blade and kicking her stomach. They stared at each other, Prim's left hand now holding the knife, waiting for the other to make a move. Prim then raised her arm horizontal to her body, throwing the blade deep into the wall next to the staircase. "I don't need that to beat you." She smirked, panting slightly.

The two now circled each other. "You won't kill me," Katherine replied in a small gasp. Shaking her head at her "You can't, because you're weak, it's pathetic."