022┊𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲

⌌                  ⌍

⌎                                                                 ⌏

"Tonight is a full moon." Elijah started. "We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." He stood in front of the small group of three, standing strong and confidently. The rest of them were practically nervous wrecks, Prim stood behind Elena, who sat on the edge of the couch across from Stefan.

"Elena said the sun and the moon curse is fake. That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus?" Stefan questioned, wringing his hands together.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it, he'll be a true hybrid." Elijah explained.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon spoke loudly as he entered the room. "We could kill him today, with Bonnie."

"Here we go." Prim rolled her eyes.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying," Elena explained obviously.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." He scoffed.

"It's not an option Damon." Elena snapped, glaring at him. Damon shook his head at her, tensing his

"Alright." Prim interrupted. "How do we break this curse?"

"We'll the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." Elijah started, walking around Damon.

"The moonstone," Stefan spoke up.

Elijah nodded at him. "A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena questioned, her leg bouncing.

"The final part of the ritual." Elijah walked over to a table, picking up a wooden box. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger..." he paused, looking between them all with a look of reluctance. "To the point of your death."

Elena seemed to freeze, staring blankly at Elijah. Damon frowned and tilted his head towards the brunette. Prim sucked in a shaking breath, her eyebrows pinching. Stefan ran his hand over his face, his other grabbing Elena's wrist. "And that's where you come in." Elena nodded, confidently.

Elijah pulled the lid of the box open, pulling out an old bottle. "This is an elixir that I acquired some five hundred years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

Elena tilted her head in confusion. "So I'll be dead?" She questioned.

"And then you won't." Elijah shrugged.