017┊𝐁𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧

⌌ ⌍

⌎                                                                  ⌏

⌎ ⌏

"What's the matter? Are you okay?" Damon questioned as he walked into the kitchen, grabbing a cookie from the packet in the center of the table.

"Nothing," Prim muttered back, pulling the sleeves of her jumper over her hands. She was sat at the dining table, an assortment of coffee cups around her. She looked like she hadn't slept all night. Her hair was thrown up messily, her eyes looked puffy and red.

"Have you been crying?" He probed as he grabbed all her cups, placing them into the sink. "Timothy break up with you?"

"I haven't been crying." Prim scoffed. "And Timothy isn't my boyfriend."

Damon sighed and took a seat across from her, raising his eyebrows suggestively. Prim looked up at him, fiddling with the silver bracelet under her sleeve. "Do you... have anything from my family? Like a picture or... anything." She questioned, looking down at the wooden table.

Damon tilted his head at her. "Er, I don't think so. Your mom wouldn't let us anywhere near your house after you died." He sighed, looking up to see her eagerly listening. "I think Jeremy still has some of your brother's journals. Maybe they'll be something in there."

Prim nodded and quickly stood from the table, not looking up from the floor as she left. It was like she was on auto-pilot, she barely even remembers getting dressed and walking over to the Gilbert's house. She only seemed to snap out of it when Jeremy opened the door while stuffing his face with a cupcake.

"Hey Prim. What's up?" He muffled out while opening the door wider for her to enter. Prim stepped inside, glancing at Jenna on the sofa. She rubbed her hands down the jeans that sat on her hips and nervously looked at the boy.

"Erm, well Stefan said that you might have some of my brother's journals. And I was just wondering if I could see them?" She whispered to him, careful not to let his guardian overhear.

Jeremy nodded and stuffed the rest of the cupcake into his mouth before brushing the crumbs off his hands. "Yeah, they're in my room." He told her, waving for her to follow him.

Jeremy's room clearly hadn't been cleaned in a while. There were clothes, dirty and clean, all over the floor, and on his dresser. He had what looked like homework scattered messily all over his desk with random colored pencils and highlighters wedged in between the papers. His bedside table had over five cups on, all with different amounts of the remaining water in. The only thing that was kept neat was the bed in the middle of the room. Prim frowned when she stood on a half-eaten packet of Doritos that was right next to his small trash bin.

"Sorry for the mess." He murmured as he pulled two large boxes from atop his wardrobe, watching as Prim placed the packet into the bin.

"It's fine." She smiled, picking up some papers while his back was turned and placing them into a singular pile.