NINE | got love-struck, went straight to my head

The ideal way to wake up for Draco on mornings like these is to start slow. He'd like to have Blair in his arms, the smell of her shampoo lingering on his pillow cases and his body warm from holding hers. Except that that's too good to be true.

It's not morning when he wakes up. And Blair is not in bed with him.

"We can talk tomorrow— I don't want you calling me in the middle of the night. It's absurd."

Draco squints his eyes and makes out the figure standing by the fire place to be Blair, talking on the phone. "No, of course not! Don't start this again.." She whispers fiercely. Draco doesn't need to think twice to know who she's talking to.

He gets out of bed.

"What I want is for you to stop this nonsense. Talking to me about this during the day is one thing, but calling me in the middle of the night? You can't let your jealousy issues affect me, Atlas. We've talked about this." Blair says sharply.

Draco presses his body against her back, stealing the breath right from her. "Come back to bed.." He whispers, kissing her hair.

Blair is in a whole other world for that one second, until she realizes she's not the only one who heard that. "Blair who is with you?!" Atlas hisses through the phone, loud enough to make her flinch. "I'm going back to sleep and I'm turning my phone off until morning. I'm sorry, Atlas." She says.

"We'll talk tomorrow." Atlas says angrily.

Blair sighs and hangs up the phone. The angel on Draco's shoulder tells him to leave it be, but the devil feeds off his anger and grows ten times bigger. "Give me your phone." He says.

She knows better now than to defy him, so hands her phone over with a racing heart. Draco's fist is clenched as he opens her chat with Atlas, frowning at the sight of the twenty messages from him.

"Why aren't you in your dorm?"
"Where the fuck are you?"
"You're with him, aren't you?"
"I swear to God, Blair, if you really are seeing him I'll make sure that he gets locked up."
"You can't just forget about last night."
"I finished another bottle."
"I don't think I'll remember this."
"I want you."
"So much I can barely breathe."
"Whatever he's doing, whatever he's promising you, I can do it better."
"He's not the one you're marrying."
"I am."
"You're marrying me."
"Me."

Draco holds her phone so tightly in his hand that it's a wonder it's not broken yet. "Why were you talking to him?" Draco hisses, placing her phone down on his desk with a thud. "He called me. He's drunk, it's not his fault." Blair says.

He feels his Dark Mark burn on his arm, like it does whenever he's furious or thinking about hurting someone. "Why won't you just tell him that you're not into him?!" Draco says, grabbing her wrist into his hand. "I have!" She squeals.

"Then why is he treating you like you're his property?" Draco yells. He would wake up the whole castle if it wasn't for that silencing charm. "Atlas is just very complicated." She whispers. His anger makes her want to hideaway in his arms, which doesn't make sense at all, but she wishes it was different. "So am I." He says.

"You still don't get it, do you? He's not good for you. He's going to take advantage of you." Draco pulls her closer, acknowledging that terror in her eyes but unable to stop himself from worsening it.

"He's not like that. He's just having a hard time because of Asher—" She tries to say, but Draco cuts her off. "Don't say that fucking name." He hisses, pulling her with him, back to bed.