TWENTY- ONE | I think that dying won't hurt that much anymore,

_____________________________
THIRD PERSON POV

Draco hasn't been able to fall asleep. He simply just lays there and enjoys Blair's presence, secretly terrified she'll leave somehow, even if the whole room is full of protection charms.

She turns around in her sleep, facing him. Blair mumbles something inaudible, her eyebrows furrowed a little as she snuggles into the pillow. Draco's heart softens at the sight.

His mind is stuck on what happened in the shower. He won't even try to forget, because he knows he can't. Everything about her drives him mad, and he can't give up on her. They belong together.

Draco mutters a sleeping charm, casting it over her. Blair's already asleep, but this charm will make sure she won't wake up until it's broken.

"So beautiful.." He whispers, brushing his fingers over her lips, tracing the shape of it. To look at her is to feel his whole body on fire, burning with need. He knows she feels the same.

"I love you so much." He says, leaning in to her face, brushing his lips over hers. Adrenaline courses through his veins at the touch, at the wrongness of this moment. But Draco presses his lips to hers anyway, and moans at the feeling. His hard cock twitches in his sweatpants. It's just a kiss, yet it's pure pleasure to Draco.

He curses underneath his breath, moving his body closer to hers while pressing another kiss to her mouth, her lips warm and soft at his touch. Some hopeful part of him expected that she would've let him kiss her last night, but she hadn't. He knows she'll give into her desires again— someday.

"You're such a good girl," Draco mutters, cupping her face in his hands. "You drive me mad.."

He moans as his lower body moves against hers, needing her touch, needing her love. Draco feels that if he has to live longer without love from her, he won't survive at all.

Draco uses every bit of self restraint he's got left and lets go of her, turning away from her body with a heavy, shaky breath in. "Fuck.."

He clears his throat, taking a look at her unconscious body, breaking the charm with a soft whisper. Draco gets up, rolling up the sleeve of his shirt as he goes into the bathroom. The sensations he's been feeling on his Mark since he brought her here were for a reason. His tattoo has changed.

It used to be a more detailed version of the Death Eater tattoo, but the snake that moves through the skull has now wrapped itself all around his forearm, and the skull's once hollow eyes are now black. The Mark has been burning more often, angering Draco more, turning him darker.

And still, he doesn't know why, what it has to do with all of this.

He leaves the bathroom after a short few minutes, eager to see Blair again. But she's not sleeping anymore. She's sitting up in the bed, her face tear stained and her hands in her hair.

Draco rushes over to her, sitting down. "What happened, darling?" He asks worriedly.

"Nightmare." Blair croaks, her body trembling as she takes her hands out of her hair, then touches her lips. Draco's heartbeat fastens as he places a kiss on the top of her hair, stroking circles over her back. "It's okay now, you're safe."

"No, I-I'm not.." She whispers hoarsely, pushing his hands away from her. Draco probably assumes her nightmare was about her father again, but it wasn't. For the first time, it was about Draco himself. She dreamed of Theo being killed.