SIXTEEN | I'm the only one responsible

Blair is once again out of bed against her will, picking up the incoming call— number twenty-two to be exact. Atlas's raging voice comes through the phone the second she answers the call.

"Where are you?"

"Atlas, it is three am.." Blair mumbles, rubbing her eyes. Talking to him is odd after what happened, they'd never had a fight like that before. But she has to lie even more now, which is going to be a problem. Atlas knows her too well.

"Exactly. It is three am and your bed is empty. You're with him, aren't you..?" Atlas hisses.

Shit, Blair mouths, turning to look at Draco who's starting to wake up. "Why are you in my dorm in the middle of the night, Atlas?" She asks instead.

"To come see you. To give you an opportunity to set things right. To make you remember who you truly love— instead of that.. that bastard.." Atlas says sharply, his voice slow and unsteady. "You're drunk. Go back to your own room and sober up." Blair orders sternly, watching Draco sit up in bed.

"Blair, I'm sorry— I'm sorry for yelling at you, I know you hate that," Atlas slurs, clearing his throat. "But why did you go back to him again? I told you to end things, I told you to want me."

"You gave me five days." Blair says. Which actually means five days for Draco to fix this.

"That doesn't mean to fuck him for four of them and then leave on the fifth." Atlas grumbles.

Blair locks eyes with Draco, who gets out of bed with a stern, yet attractive look on his face. He's taken off his shirt somewhere in the night, and the fire from the hearth shows the perfect amount of his muscles. "Blair? Tell me where you are."

"I am not talking to you until you are sober. You'll only say things you'll regret. I'll talk to you in the morning." Blair says calmly.

"I need you, Blair. I need you so much more than he does. Please.."

Draco approaches Blair, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Hang up." He whispers, taking her by her waist. Blair's stomach flutters at the feeling of his large hands on her body, nearly forgetting about all the troubles going on in the world.

"Please, sober up. And have some rest." Blair says into the phone, then takes it away from her ear and presses the red button.

"Good girl." Draco whispers, taking the device from her and placing it above the fireplace. "I'm sorry, he's always like this when he's drunk." Blair says, shaking her head apologetically. She doesn't want to ruin Draco's sleep over this.

"Not your fault." Draco reminds her, pulling her body closer until there's no space left. What Blair doesn't know, is that in all the worry Draco found within himself last night, he read her mind to simply catch up on everything Atlas said. But when he did, he saw a little more than just talking.

Blair kissed him.

He didn't see why, he only saw her letting him kiss her, allowing him on top of her— she even said she loved him. Now, Draco did believe everything she told him last night about her true feelings, but this feels like a flickering flame. Why did she kiss Atlas if she feels so much for Draco?

"You seem tense. Do you want to go back to sleep? I didn't want to wake you." Blair says, brushing her fingers over Draco's upper arm. He shakes his head. "No, not just yet." He whispers, taking her hand, pressing soft kisses to her fingers.

"Not yet.." Blair repeats, smiling up at him. Draco hooks his fingers around the elastic band of her pyjama bottoms. "Can I undress you?" He asks, his mouth against her ear. Blair nearly rolls her eyes into the back of her head from the sound of his voice. "Yes." She whispers, nodding.