TWENTY-SIX | seconds of peace

Draco wakes in the middle of the night, only to find Blair sitting up in bed, her hands in her hair and heavy breaths leaving her mouth.

"Blair?" He whispers, startling her with the sound of his voice. Blair turns to look at him, relief covering her face when she meets his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you. It's nothing, just a nightmare. Go back to sleep.." Blair says hoarsely, her skin damp with sweat. She pulls her shirt over her head, leaving herself in nothing but a thin white tank top and a pair of underwear.

Draco sits up behind her, wiping her hair out of her damp neck. "I'm not going anywhere until I know that you're going to be okay. You can wake me up anytime, you know that." He says.

Even if Blair doesn't want to be a bother, feeling his soothing hands on her skin is such a relief. His voice is keeping her head above the water after the nightmares tried to drown her again.

"I'm okay.." She whispers, and she means it.

Draco pulls her back down to the mattress and takes her into his arms, pressing soft kisses to her shoulder. The safe spot she's in will never get old, could never die because love like this knows no end. Everything has been so difficult recently but laying here in his arms quiets down all the demons.

"You're so warm," He mumbles, kissing towards her neck. Blair sighs, every bone in her body wanting him to continue— to never stop touching her. "So soft— so small in my hands. My beautiful girl.."

Blair's skin gets even hotter from his words, the heat moving lower and lower until it's making her rub her thighs together.

"Draco.." She exhales, taking in his comforting scent as he takes the strap from her top off her shoulder and kisses her there. Blair wants more and doesn't care that the timing is horrible.

She drapes her leg over his hips and presses herself against his crotch, whimpering at the contact. Draco moves his lips to her ear. He has to wait for confirmation before he loses his restraint, the one that's always barely there whenever she's in his presence. "What is it, baby?"

"Distract me, please." She begs, softly grinding her hips into him, moving over that hardening bulge in his sweatpants. "You want to be touched, is that it?" He whispers sweetly, grinning.

"Yes.." She squeals.

Blair's nipples harden against the fabric of her top when Draco groans at her response. "Please." She says again when he doesn't move, leaning in and brushing a quick kiss over his mouth.

"Shh, relax for me.." He whispers, grinning at her impatience. He takes her top by the hem and slowly lifts it over her head, baring her chest. Blair visibly relaxes from the sound of his voice, though her body is in heat, desperate to feel him, to have him make her feel safe in this world again.

Draco's gentle with her, pressing kisses to her neck, his hands moving down to her breasts. Blair's soft, shaky breaths in his ear are enough to make his cock harden, pressing against the fabric of his boxers.

He softly palms her breasts, brushing his thumbs over her nipples before leaning his face down and taking one of them into his mouth. The tension leaves Blair's body, and she lowers her face, her hand sliding into his hair as her lips brush over the soft strands, the scent addictive.

Draco's moan vibrates against her skin as he releases her nipple from his lips, kissing back up to her face. He slides his hand down, down, down, until it slides right into her cotton underwear.

Blair's brows curve upwards with anticipation, awaiting that pleasure.

He gently slides one finger inside of her, watching her eyes gleam with excitement. Blair whimpers, her gaze locked with his. She doesn't want to look away. Not only does that overprotective, caring look turn her on, but it also embraces her so tightly, like she never has to worry about a thing ever again.