12

No one's POV

Outside Konoha.

Everyone excluding team seven and Pinkie and Raven were outside Konoha. Miraculously, Naruto found them while having to carry Hinata on his back.

"She's not as light as she looks, you know?" Naruto says exasperatedly. He gently placed Hinata down, letting her head rest in his lap. "So, did I miss anything? Earlier Kakashi said you're going to tell us something big."

"Are we really going to do this?" Oni asked Shiki. She trusted his judgment cause he was the wisest among them. She believed that this is a significant risk and she didn't want to ruin the future. What if telling them does change her present? She wouldn't be dating Sai and would still be hung up on Sasuke. Or worse, she could end up dating Shikamaru or Choji!

Shikamaru sighed exasperatedly. "Listen," he assures them, "Knowing these kids, we know how capable they are of understanding the situation. Besides, Boruto already blew our covers, and nothing else we say could cover up the truth."

"So what is the truth?" Young Ino asked curiously. She looked at young Shikamaru and back at the strangers. "What is it? Who are you and what are you doing here?"

"Ino Yamanaka," Oni finally says, "I am you from the future." With that said, the whole group took off their disguises. "We can't tell you anything else other than that, I'm afraid. I'm sorry, but that's the way it has to be."

Everyone stood before their futures, examining them in curiosity.

"Yes, I am you," Older Naruto states, "Believe it!"

The young Naruto's face lit up. "No way! Really?" he asked enthusiastically, "You look so cool, you know?!" He then looked at the older Hinata, blushing. "Wait a minute," he says, "DOES THAT MEAN I'M DATING HINATA-CHAN IN THE FUTURE???!!!"

Panic rose from them.

So much for preserving the future!! Older Ino thought, face-palming. "For heaven's sake, you guys! There's no hiding it, is there?" she says in disappointment. She then remembered something she read when she was training with Tsunade. In one of the books in the library, she recalls reading something about time travel. It is impossible! What they are in is a dream state. Kind of like a genjutsu or something. So, whatever they do here wouldn't affect their present time. Well, time travel is possible, but their case is different. They opened a scroll.

"So, it is true," young Ino concludes, "Hinata and Naruto do end up together." She then questioned, "Does that mean that Sakura ends up with Sasuke???!!!"

"I don't get to be with Sakura-chan?" young naruto asks accidentally. He felt chills, meeting older Hinata's gaze and so did older Naruto.

"T-that's not me, Hinata-chan," Older Naruto stutters in fear of her byakugan.

Older Hinata folded her arms over her chest, glaring at both of the boys. "Oh, but it's still you, Naruto-kun," she says, cracking her knuckles.

Older Hinata-chan is scary, young Naruto thought. How did this quiet girl turn out to be like that? She's almost scarier than when Sakura-chan is angry.

"Hinata," older Naruto blocks his younger self from Hinata's view. "Just look at me, okay?" he says, placing his hands over her shoulders. "I love you, Hinata-chan." And those words were all it took for Hinata's legs to become like gelatin, falling into Naruto's arms.

"Naruto-kun," she blushed, fainting in his arms.

"Now I know she still faints in the future," young Naruto comments, scratching the back of his head. "You seem to like her a lot, huh?"

Older Naruto smiled at his younger self. "Hm," he nodded, "I do! Believe it!"

Young Naruto looked at the unconscious Hinata sleeping on his lap. He ran his fingers through Hinata's hair, feeling her soft silky locks. "I always wondered why she faints at the sight of me," he says, "Now I know why..."

Young Ino looked at Shikamaru and his older version. Not much changed at all. They looked the same and acted the same. "I suppose Shikamaru ends up with Temari, huh?"

Older Shikamaru blushed while his younger self groaned.

"I end up with that girl from the hidden sand?" young Shikamaru furrowed his brows. "What a drag. At least with Ino, I already know what to expect. Hell, even our families thought about marrying us."

"W-what?" both Ino and her younger self blushed immensely.

"Nani?????" young Ino says, "Did you know about this?"

"I didn't think it was true," older Ino replied. "I thought my father was joking about that! H-hey, Shikamaru! HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN ABOUT THAT, HUH???" Ino pointed at both Shikamarus.

"Since I was a boy, I guess," the Shikamarus replied in unison.

"B-but it doesn't matter now, of course," Older Shikamaru says in fear of Temari's wrath. "I am happy with Temari. I am, really. You should, too, Shikamaru," he tells his younger self.

"I don't know about that," the younger man says, "I think Ino is still the better fit. I always liked her anyway."

"That's it!" Temari says angrily, "I think we should see other people, Shikamaru!"

"Temari, calm down," Ino tells her, "Come on, now. Shikamaru likes you a lot. Just because his stupid ass younger self doesn't appreciate you, doesn't mean that he doesn't now. He really really likes you."

"I bet I only chose Temari because I couldn't have Ino," young Shikamaru says, earning a blow from his older self and younger Ino. "Ouch! I was just stating facts! Who knows ourselves better than we do ourselves anyway?! What a drag."

TO BE CONTINUED...