Chapter 38

Lillian woke up early on the first day of that beautiful November morning well-rested and looking forward to the rest of the day especially the night she'd planned to have with Jax, which she hadn't mentioned to him just yet.

She sat up from her bed and reached for her bible, reading a chapter before saying a prayer. She got out of bed when she was done and went to freshen up while packing her now medium length hair into a short ponytail at the base of her head.

She headed down a while later and made some tea not wanting to add caffeine to her already happy and wide-awake self. She walked out into the porch outside the kitchen and sat at the table there, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath of the cool and fresh morning air. She opened her eyes with a smile and sipped on her tea as she looked at the stairs leading down to the ocean. She was tempted to go down right away but she needed to give a few minutes of her morning to her book and also make a batch of blueberry muffins and cake, after all, it was her birthday.

Lillian got started on her baking after having a light breakfast, and after she put the cake and muffins in the oven, she sat down with her notepad and laptop as she tapped away on her keyboard while she reminded herself to check on what she was baking.

Monday mornings, Jax loved the start of the week. He loved to make the best of his Mondays because most times, it determined his mood throughout the week. If great, the week would end that way regardless of what happened and if bad, he'd try to make the best of the situation and try not to let it affect the following day, as hard as it might be.

Jax was in his workshop after having breakfast and he was looking forward to seeing Lillian at Mindy's later that afternoon. She was the reason for the peace he'd been experiencing lately. The way she'd go on and on about how God had changed things for her and made everything seem less hard and worth it made him want to experience that inner peace she was always talking about. So, he'd given it a try and for the past week, he'd gone to God with little things and there wasn't an immediate result but then he began to experience the peace over the thing he'd prayed over and then he'd taken some other heavier things to God.

He was actually loving the new relationship he was getting to build with God. He'd taken everything to God in prayer and also in gratitude because those things were the reason he searched for a relationship with God. He was grateful for a lot of things, Lillian and his newly found peace, to list a few. He still had a long way to go but so far, it was great.

Lillian was excited throughout her shift at Mindy's and when Jax walked in, she got even more excited. Her mood didn't unnoticed to Mindy and Hank and they both knew exactly why. She'd come in a little earlier for her shift and told Mindy and Hank that she wanted to have a special dinner with Jax after Mindy's was closed for the day that is. Mindy had said she'd close early for the night and Hank had offered to prepare something special, that is, something off the menu. She was so looking forward to tonight and she couldn't wait.

Lillian leaned on the other side of the counter with a smile as Jax took his seat with a smile.
"Hey."

"Hey yourself." Jax said leaning on the counter as well, mimicking her.

Lillian's smile got bigger as they just stared at each other.

"What's going on?"

Lillian pulled back, shaking her head and trying to get the smile off her face with no luck.
"Nothing."

"There's clearly something."

"Do you want to have dinner tonight?" She asked, finally with Mindy and Hank in earshot both sneakingly watching them.

"I didn't think I had a choice since we've been having dinner at each other's places every night for the past few weeks." Jax said, "Not that if I had a choice, I wouldn't want that, 'cause I totally would."