Chapter 20

(No Ones POV)

Y/N sat in the jail cell, waiting to be called into  interrogation. She has way more important matters than to be siting in a jail cell. Her grandmother is quite literally on the loose and she needs to go protect her pack.

The more she thought about her situation the more irritated she grew. Finally an officer made his way over to the cell. He motioned with his head for her to go over to the entrance of the cell. The officer lead her into a room that had the usual non-see through glass mirror. Matt was already sat in his chair at the table that was placed in the middle of the room. Both Y/N and Matt held eye contact before Matt moved his eyes to the manila folder in front of him. The officer that directed her into the room left.

"Matt, you can't honestly believe that I killed Ms. Bennett." Matt looked up from the folder filled with papers and stared at her for a few seconds. "I just want to get information on this Y/N, Bonnie was my friend. I wanna find out who murdered her and I wanna know why they made sure you were the one to find her." Y/N moved her cuffed hands to her face sighing in exhaustion. "I can tell you everything you need to know Matt."

After explaining to Matt the whole predicament that happened he let out a sigh. "I won't let the citizens of Mystic Falls get hurt because of your grandmother." Y/N nodded her head in full understanding. "I won't let them either Matt. I'm moving this situation elsewhere, away from Mystic Falls. If I leave my grandmothers quarrels with me will soon follow." Matt looked at her quizzically. "Where will you go?" Y/N leaned back in her chair. "The French Quarter."

================================================================
(Salvatore School)

"What spell?" Josie asked her father. "I need you to go into Elijah's mind and find what it is we're dealing with." Josie nodded her head. "Okay, bring Elijah we'll take him to a spare room to do the spell." Alaric began to start walking away when "Daddy!" Lizzie yelled out loud enough for the whole school to hear. Not wanting to set her off in anyway Alaric quickly turned around to his daughter. "Yes baby?" Lizzie crossed her arms. "Why can't I do the spell? I'm just as good as Josie." Josie looked down already expecting her sister's antics before they even started. Lauren stared at the blonde dumbfounded while the pack all rolled their eyes knowing how Lizzie is.

"Well baby Y/N asked for Josie to do it not you." Alaric tried to say as calmly as possible. "But Daddy!" Lizzie yelled again causing The Wolves and even Lauren to flinch. "The only reason she picked Josie was because they used to date." Lauren's eyes moved from Lizzie to Josie in a millisecond after hearing this. Josie still stood with her head down in shame of her sister. Lauren now knew why Josie didn't want to say hi to her, she dated Y/N. Lauren was definitely curious about the situation but even she knew this drama and whining could wait.

"Lizzie that's not the reason she picked her." Justin spoke up in irritation after that Lizzie shut up. "Come on, I'll show you to their rooms." Alaric said while walking to show the way. After getting to a room with three beds in them the pack helped lay Kol, Rebekah and Elijah in their individual beds. Kol passed out due to pain once he hit the bed while Rebekah couldn't seem to keep her eyes open. Josie sat nest to Elijah who repeatedly passed in and out of conciseness. "I need you guys to be quiet this spell requires a lot of focus, okay?" Josie told the group of supernaturals. Kehlani closed the door to the room and everyone else gave Josie the space she needed. Lauren was on the opposite side of Josie on Elijah's left side. She watched as Josie began chanting the same words Y/N had chanted when performing that same spell earlier.

Josie's head lifted her eyes now completely white. Josie searched into Elijah's mind. This was a lot harder for her than it was for Y/N, Josie was still a semi new witch that didn't know as much as she let on, while Y/N knew all of this like the back of her hand. Josie whimpered out experiencing Elijah's horrific and worst memories. She was feeling his emotions, she couldn't take the pain he was emitting. With a cry Josie's head dropped and she began to fall to the floor. Tyler was quick to catch her and Alaric looked over his daughter. Josie was passed out but she now knew why they were in such a bad state. She knew the whole situation, now all they needed was to wait for Josie to wake up.