Chapter 8:

"You'll come back?"

I suddenly ask as he turns around.

"Yes... I'll return."

He says before finally disappearing into the purple fog, leaving all by myself in the middle of my bedroom. I felt a little guilty for making him feel like that. He really is a good observer if he knew the fact that I couldn't literally sleep well.

It was nice to know that he remembered that.

I laid down my school uniform, preparing my clothes before I start the day. This time, my uniform is complete as the blazer I've worn the last time is probably somewhere else. Because I woke up earlier today and was happier, I enjoyed singing songs in the shower even if I didn't sing the right lyrics. I just hope today is a better day than before.

I later dried myself with the towel, heading my way back into my bedroom as I finally wore my clothes once again. As I finally wear my blazer, I decided to make my way downstairs with my backpack slung around my shoulder. I made myself some toast with some butter before making my way out of the house. My aunt was already at her workplace so I was only left alone with one note.

[ 'Take care :)) I love you' - Auntie ]

I smiled to myself after reading the note, folding it before placing it in the pocket in front of my backpack as I later locked the door behind me. I walked down the cement road of my neighborhood, feeling the cold breeze blow my face in a relaxing way. As I sat on the bench to wait for the school bus, I noticed a stray cat hop towards the bench as it sat beside me.

The only thing weird about this cat was that it had a slight purple tint alongside its dark skin.

Oh.

"Oh, come on... You can't fool me like that."

I said as the stray cat only walked closer, leaning its chin against my thigh. I thought that the cat might be him but I didn't want to look like a crazy girl talking to cats like they're people. I started to scratch its head gently, making the cat purr loudly as it stared at me.

"... Hmm?"

I let out a little hum, trying to see if the cat wants anything else. However, it only hops away from me as it lands on the ground. The cat later makes its way back to the alleyway behind me, which I wouldn't want to follow.

Of course, I'm a bit of a coward, too.

I let out a sigh, later noticing the bus stop in front of me as I make my way into my school bus. As I walked into the aisle, I saw that the vacant seat left was beside Jungwoo once again. I obviously didn't want to do anything that included Jungwoo.

So, I decided to just stand in the middle and hold onto the railings at the ceiling.

"... You know that... you can sit here, right?"

I heard the jock ask as I didn't even think of facing him, staring at the window in front of me instead. He lets out a sigh, later tapping the back of my waist as I turned around, raising an eyebrow at him with widened eyes.

The audacity of this guy to even touch me again in front of people like him.

"What do you want from me?!"
"Take it!"

He raises his voice, standing up from his seat as he pushes me towards the two seats. The strong push causes me to fall backward, my backside being pressed against the seat harshly as a loud thud was heard.

"Just take the seat and I'll stand instead..."

He demands, later holding onto the same rail I was holding earlier.