Chapter 15:

As we were heading back into the classroom, Juyeon started to get even more alert. At first, I didn't notice it as I assumed that he's probably bothered by a fly or something but I soon realized that it wasn't just that. He'd ask me what time it was or what day it was and no matter how many times I've answered him, he'd still repeat the same questions over and over again.

Clearly, he wasn't doing great and I need to know the reason behind his sudden anxious behavior. It was like something just snapped inside of him to suddenly be like this!

"Hey, are you okay?"

I ask as I take a look at him, seeing how he seems like he's listening closely over something.

"Y-Yes?"

He stutters as I tilt my head at him, later placing the back of my hand on top of his forehead. He surely doesn't have a fever but he looks like he's sick. I put my pen down, trying to see if something is hurting within him.

Obviously without touching him because that would be weird.

"What's going on?"

I ask once more as he only gulps, licking his chapped lips.

"I have to go. I feel like something... is currently happening."

Juyeon speaks out faintly as he stands up from his desk, walking towards the teacher with a shuddering figure. I wanted to follow where he went but that would be too weird if he went into the bathroom. As Mr. Suh nodded, Juyeon exited the classroom immediately.

Now, every single thing he does is making me feel paranoid.

I had to check my phone every second because what if Juyeon just decided not to come back? Something might've already happened to him if he doesn't come back here within the span of five minutes. I don't want to think that there's a dangerous situation behind it but I'm getting scared for him.

He just told me that something was definitely happening.

"Hey, is Juyeon doing okay? He seemed kinda sick."

Jungwoo asks as I shrug, not knowing what to answer back. He doesn't know Juyeon is a purple cat hybrid from a different world. I lay my back against the rails of my chair, letting out a nervous chuckle as I make up a convincing response.

"He's like that a lot. He won't tell me if something's going on with him... He can be really secretive at times."

I say as Jungwoo nods, snickering with a hint of awkwardness between us. Well, he's a little considerate now with the fact that he asked about how Juyeon's feeling. The last time I talked to him before the whole incident was that he was trying to get Juyeon into answering his math homework.

Yeah, typical jocks. Well, he's not that typical now after the many events that happened earlier. Juyeon was literally circled by a whole group of students warning him about me, I had an embarrassing breakdown in front of them, my hair was grabbed by Chaeyoung, and I was sent to the principal's office alongside her.

Could this day get any better?

"Hey, can I ask you a question?"

Jungwoo asks once more as I bite my bottom lip, having no choice but to respond to him. I wanted to listen to the lecture for once. Ever since the issue blew up, I've never really had that much time to pay attention to studying, especially when you have a cat hybrid trying to convince you to let him answer your assignments.

"Uh, sure. What is it?"

I asked, putting my pen down the second time as I was once busy writing notes.