Chapter 10:

Three more classes went by and finally, recess started. Of course, I had a huge amount of time to watch how the guy beside me acted when he wasn't in his cat hybrid form and the results were a little surprising but also just as expected. Juyeon was very quiet during the lectures as he decided not to open his mouth at all unless a teacher asked him a question, mainly because he was trying to hear the conversations of every student that were inside the room. He told me that he wanted to get to know the people who harassed me before doing... whatever he's been planning to do. He doesn't really tell me stuff about himself, which is a little suspicious of him.

He used to be so expressive when we were both in my bedroom.

Oh, god. That sounded too wrong.

Now, the two of us were heading towards the cafeteria, carefully watching our ways as I didn't want to bump into anyone. I'm sure he knows about that, too.

"Have you eaten anything yet?"
"... Hmm?"

He hums in response, turning to face me as he tilts his head a bit. He probably found it unusual that I asked him about something that he'd usually ask.

"Well, I haven't really... eaten... anything yet?-"
"Okay, I'll buy you a meal."

I reply casually, taking my wallet out of my pocket as we both finally step into the cafeteria. I point towards an empty table, telling him to stay at that place since no one is around and he immediately goes in that direction. As I walked towards the counter, I stopped at the end of the line and waited for my turn to order food, leaning on the rails that kept the line of students from being all around the place as I heard the familiar snickers once again.

That was when I realized that Chaeyoung and her friends were just right behind me. A finger taps my shoulder as I turn around, seeing Chaeyoung raise an eyebrow.

"Have a new boy to flirt with just like how you did with mine?"

She asks, resulting in all of her friends laughing along as I do the same. I've been thinking about what Juyeon told me earlier and maybe it's a good move.

"Oh, I'm just showing him around here unlike some people. Why don't you do your job as a student counselor, Chaeyoung?'

I asked with a tone flavored with sarcasm and bitterness, as usual, causing her to roll her eyes. She just wouldn't stop bugging me all day. I don't actually know what motivates her into doing stupid things like this. I didn't even steal her boyfriend at all. I'd never do something like that to anyone.

In fact, she framed me that I stole her boyfriend and she was fully aware that it was to get back at me for... I don't know! Sleeping in class because of the existential crisis I have every single night? I'm losing my mind because of this! Well, at least the cat-boy is still here to guide me.

If he will actually... do it again?

"Also, why can't you just stay away from me? I know the truth, Chae."

I respond, calling her the nickname Jungwoo used to give her to test her patience a bit.

"Your boyfriend had problems and instead of helping him, you pushed him away. Then, when he begged you to come back, you decided to have him all to yourself and chose to use him against me. The result of that bullshit you did to him? He left you all alone. You have nothing but your brainless friends who would suck off of your reputation around the campus. If you're that smart to come up with such rumors and evidence, that means you're also smart enough to choose your boyfriend over your useless jealousy."

I said, pressing my finger against her shoulder harshly as it caused her to let out a groan in annoyance. I crossed my arms, staring at her for a while as I later stared at her friends. They just had the same reactions to everything.