Chapter 23:

I couldn't sleep last night because tomorrow, the wedding will finally happen. Today was the preparation day and I felt as if the situation was progressing faster and faster. Was this really going to happen to me?

Am I really going to marry the prince tomorrow? Everything just didn't feel real anymore.

I let out a loud sigh, staring at the window in front of me while I doubted my decisions. The skies were already in the colors of pink, yellow, and purple. A new day finally starts and in five minutes, that same dressmaker, Lizzie, will make her way into this room to wake me up.

Yet here I am staying awake because tomorrow is the long-awaited wedding that I fear.

I got off of the bed, walking towards the desk to take a look at myself before heading my way into the bathroom. I gave myself a quick bath before changing into more appropriate clothes. A red Sunday dress in my closet would be fine to wear to the rehearsal.

After all of that, I finally went down into the dining room to eat breakfast with the groom and his mother.

"You do know that today is the preparation day, right?"
"I do."

I answer as the big head starts to eat the tiny appetizers in front of her, later staring at Chanhee who seemed like he had no motivation to go on with his day. Of course, he wouldn't have that motivation. He doesn't like the idea of getting married... too early. But I still feel like he's hiding something again.

I just have no idea what else he has to hide from me.

"After the wedding, Chanhee will be the king and you will be the queen of this kingdom... which is unfortunate."

She doesn't like the fact that the hero's daughter is destined to be the queen but she doesn't know that this is all for show.

I won't actually be the queen. I'm only here to help her son and the rest of Underland finally reach their goal. They want peace and they can't have the peace that they want if this self-absorbed queen continues to rule over.

As Chanhee finishes his cup of tea, he munches on a biscuit aggressively, probably wanting to just get out of the dining room and not see his mother for a while. He stares at the wall in front of him blankly before looking down at his empty plate, letting out a sigh.

"... I will head to the royal court, Y/N... and I will wait for you there, my beloved."

He suddenly breaks the silence, causing me to tilt my head in confusion. He called me by one of those names again but it's weird that he'd suddenly just do that again. Maybe he's still trying to appear as if we love each other in front of his mother. I mean, honestly, it's hopeless for the two of us to fake a baseless relationship.

Chanhee walks away, exiting the dining room as he leaves me alone with his problematic mother.

"Go follow him."

The queen tells me as I gulp, sensing the sarcasm in her tone.

"Isn't he the love of your life?"

She asks with a smirk on her face as I cough forcefully, trying to interrupt whatever she's going to tell me next. I took a deep breath, later deciding to just make my way out of the dining room with the plate of biscuits in my hands. I didn't want to interact with her in any way... Who knows when she'll lose her remaining patience?

And the fact that she knows what's going on between Chanhee and I... This is not good at all.

I slammed the door behind me shut, seeing Sunwoo in front of me.