Chapter 27: The Finale

As the ceremony finally ended, everyone in the courtroom made their way to the ballroom. The citizens of Underland, both red and white, really did seem like they enjoyed their time together even if their kingdoms were rivals before. Well, the kingdoms only became rivals because of the queen's jealousy over her little sister.

And now that Chanhee is the king of the Red Kingdom, working with the White Queen for the betterment of Underland, I'm sure they won't mess up.

I looked over to the right side, noticing Juyeon speaking to the new king. I just wished I had some of his abilities like enhanced hearing so that I'd know what they're talking about but I'm just half of an Underlandian. I guess I only got my father's skills in sewing.

Chanhee seemed furious but not in a bad way. He looked more like he was forcefully telling the cat to do something. After a while, the cat-boy walks in my direction as I look away, pretending that I wasn't even trying to know what they're talking about.

"I can see you from across the room. Don't worry... It's just the prince- I mean, the king being a little pushy."

Juyeon scratches the back of his head in annoyance, looking behind as we both notice Chanhee having his time occupied with Nivens. I wondered if Nivens will be staying in the Red Kingdom to work for Chanhee. I mean, there's not much problem about it now since I know that my friend has a pure heart.

Especially if he always endured everything his mother did to him.

But yes, I do agree that Chanhee can get a little pushy at times but not as pushy as I am.

"Why is he being pushy? What is he pushing you to do?"
"Nothing much..."

He trails off, causing me to tilt my head as I raise an eyebrow at him. Clearly, he doesn't want to tell me again and I'm sure that it's not that embarrassing!

"Juyeon, we're dating, aren't we?"
"Yes? Why are you asking me that?"

He asks as his shoulders slowly rise upwards, standing stiffly in front of me.

"Then, you can tell me the reason behind it, right?"

I ask, trying to make it clear to him that he can tell me anything. I just don't want the same thing happening again. I mean, this whole thing started with one life-coach type of offer.

I had no idea everything will go down after a few weeks of knowing each other.

"Everyone in this room has been dancing together and the sight is just... so lovely."
"Is this your way of asking me to dance with you?"

I cross my arms, smiling at him as the heartwarming feeling rushed into my head. I knew this time was going to come. My first dance with the first person I fell in love with. I wasn't interested in the cheesy stuff of relationships. I didn't understand why those things that happen in movies mattered but then, we met each other.

And I love him more than anything else.

"One last dance before we go back to the Upper World, please?"

He extends his hand towards me gracefully as I give him another smile, later holding his hand.

"I wouldn't want your ballet classes to be useless either."
"Oh, shut up. You know I sucked in dancing."

I respond, placing my other hand on his shoulder as we stare at each other, waiting for the right time to finally twirl around the ballroom. It felt like there were no pairs of eyes fixated on us as I felt that relief of being free. From the aura to the citizens that enjoyed their second triumph, everything was beautiful... Especially the man that I locked eyes with.