Chapter 12

Blake p.o.v

Titan spent all night hunting finally catching and eating himself a Red river hog and had to fight off a dwarf crocodile which I will have more scars from but I got back to the camp just before dawn fully calmed down. By the time I got there the others had already started to pack up the gear, staying behind a tree since I really don't want that Amelia to see me naked so Ryan hands me some of my clothes and I put them on before helping. Once we are all packed up we set off again, after a couple of hours I suddenly get a little feeling of fear through the mate bond but it quickly disappears. It's noon when we come to a stop in front of a cave as Morgan, Blaze and Axel pick something up.

Morgan - there is danger in that cave, we can't go that way.

Sebastian - so which way can we go my love?

Morgan - I don't know.

Aleister - let me check up high.

Using his vampire speed Aleister climbs up the trees to see and soon comes back down.

Blake - well?

Aleister - we are not that far from the river maybe a day or so but I don't see a way to cross from where we are.

Dante - doesn't this cave cut our time by half a day?

Axel - don't you listen Dante? It may cut our time by half but we feel a bad danger inside.

Ryan - do we know how far Fabian's castle is?

Blaze - from our vision it's right in the middle of the Congo inside of a barrier but the barrier is hard to find to the naked eye, it can only be seen with magic.

Selena - why not follow the river?

We all look to Selena and Amelia asks the question.

Amelia - what would following the river do to help us?

Selena pinches her nose and scoffs in annoyance.

Selena - and people wonder why blondes are dumb.

The rest of us chuckle as Amelia growls before huffing like a 3-year-old.

Selena - anyway I was thinking that if we follow the river we will get to the middle of the Congo in no time and maybe find the castle at the same time.

That's not a bad idea so I look to the tribrids, we have to take the quickest but safest way possible even tho fast doesn't always mean safe.

Blake - what do you 3 think of Selena's idea?

The 3 of them use their magic to check if it's safe then they nod to me and say it's safe to go that way so we head for the river. About an hour later we have a quick lunch of beef jerky then shift into our wolves again so we can run while the tribrids, Selena and Aleister run beside us. We have to avoid the wildlife so we don't disturb them even tho I ate one hog last night while running I think about what's happening back home, it will soon be coming into the holidays seasons this will be my first Christmas away from my family, my pack and Scarlett I hope we find her before then since it will be her birthday too.

We come out from some trees to find it's now raining and it's heavy I completely forgot that it's the wet season so the Congo now not that the rain bothers us that much. Since we are in wolf form we reach the Congo river just before dusk, finding a good spot to set up camp was hard so we kept going until we came across another cave. We take turns shifting back before we set a little campfire and have something to eat while the vampires have their blood bags that we brought with us, Ryan came up with the idea that to pass the time we should sing a song each which wasn't a bad apart from when it was Amelia's turn she sounded like she was standing on a cats tail even Dante stopped her from continuing. It was now Ryan's turn and sang a song for Bella.

Ryan - Let me be your hero
Would you dance, if I asked you to dance?
Would you run, and never look back?
Would you cry, if you saw me cryin'?
And would you save my soul tonight?
Would you tremble, if I touched your lips?
Would you laugh?
Oh, please, tell me this
Now, would you die for the one you loved?
Hold me in your arms tonight
I can be your hero, baby
I can kiss away the pain
I will stand by you forever
You can take my very breath away
Would you swear that you'll always be mine?
Or would you lie?
Would you run and hide?
Am I in too deep?
Have I lost my mind?
I don't care, you're here tonight
I can be your hero, baby
I can kiss away the pain
I will stand by you forever
You can take my breath away
Oh, I just wanna hold you
I just want to hold you, oh, yeah
Am I in too deep?
Have I lost my mind?
Well, I don't care, you're here tonight
I can be your hero, baby
I can kiss away the pain, oh, yeah
I will stand by you forever
You can take my breath away
And I can be your hero
I can kiss away the pain
And I will stand by you forever
You can take my breath away
I can be your hero.

We all clapped as he finished singing then it was my turn, there was only one song I wanted to sing. I hardly ever sing in front of the pack but tonight I felt like giving them a little song one that makes me think of Scarlett.

Blake - She got me everyday on the phone
She make me wanna get off the road
Wish I could turn it off, let it go
But she's too fucking beautiful
Right girl, wrong time, love of my life
We met in Paris, I love her, je sais quoi
Woke up the next day then left her to catch a flight
But I think I left my heart behind
Can't get it back, no way to win
So fucking fire, she's burning down everything
'Cause I got plans, I was taking over the world
Now I just wanna give it all to her
I told you, do your worst to me, baby
I don't fall in love
But you feel so good next to me, baby
Look at what you've done
She got me every day on the phone
She make me wanna get off the road
Wish I could turn it off, let it go
But she's too fucking beautiful
I'm thinking I could bring her back home
My mom and dad will love her, I know
I wish that I could leave it alone
But she's too fucking beautiful
Break all my rules (break all my rules), rewrite the truth (rewrite the truth)
The type of girl to make all of my friends approve
The type to show up on dates hella late
Looking so fine that you don't mind to wait
She really, really did that, did that to me, I wasn't looking
Oh, this shit happened naturally, and I know better
Than to mess with my destiny, what's best for me
I never met a girl
She got me every day on the phone (got me on the phone)
She make me wanna get off the road
Wish I could turn it off, let it go
But she's too fucking beautiful
Thinking I could bring her back home (take her home, yeah)
Mom and dad will love her, I know (whoa, I know)
I wish that I could leave it alone
But she's too fucking beautiful, yeah yeah
I wish that I could leave it alone
But she's too fucking beautiful
She got me every day on the phone
She make me wanna get off the road
Wish I could turn it off, let it go
But she's too fucking beautiful.

The others are shocked at first but soon clap for me but while I was singing was looking at the moon maybe Scarlett was doing the same thing.

(A/N for those who are wondering what two songs I used for this chapter Ryan's was Hero by Enrique Iglesias, and Blake was Beautiful by Michele Morrone)