Blood and sweat

{ Cole's POV }

The aura from that night replayed in my mind over and over again. Something just seemed a little... off? It rattled my brain as I lay in my bed. I had woken up early again feeling groggy, I just couldn't fall asleep correctly here. I decided to get ready and head out to the lake.

It was such a peaceful place, the water rippling the sound calm sounds of it all. It took away all the stress, it took away the reminders of home and everything. It reminded me of my mother, she was able to do that type of thing with ease.

I still have my phone, there hasn't been any regulations against it yet, but I feel like it's coming. I've been texting Amber this whole time since my father hasn't been responding. It's stressful, knowing I'm practically all alone in the exception of her.

I haven't been able to interact with the others as well as I did with Kareem and Mason. For some reason everyone's been keeping a distance. Like their all on a determined mission. Their so uptight, and they keep glaring at me. Especially at the assembly, the way the all looked at us, it was kind of like a form of hate. And it increased every time I was near the guys.

I took a few more moments to admire the water and collect my rambling thoughts. I tried getting up but slipped on a rock and cut my hand on a branch trying to catch myself from falling.

CO: " AH!" My hand trembled as the blood sept threw the newly cut skin. It wasn't as deep as a knife wound, but deep enough to hurt like hell.

I tried to look around and find something but nothing I could use was around. I headed back up the stony steps and trail back to camp. I got up earlier than the day before so nothing and no one was out.

The camp was quiet and calm. It looked dead, in a way. I decided to look around in hopes of seeing someone out or available but couldn't find anything. As a last resort I decided to knock on the door of the one person I knew would most likely be up. Him.

* KNOCK*
* KNOCK*
* KNOCK*

On the third knock the door swung open swiftly. There stood the commander. He was half naked with only a towel to cover the bottom half of his body. There was still water droplets all over his chest and his hair was sopping wet. It was covering his face more than he wanted it to as he ran his hand threw the front pulling it back. I noticed his tattoo but didn't have enough time to as he cleared his throat.

COM: "Ahem" he cleared his throat and looked to the side.

I must have looked like such an idiot admiring his body. I really didn't know what to say as his body language clearly changed completely.

I brought up my hand to show him the cut, my voice slightly wavering. Hoping he didn't notice it.

CO: " I accidentally cut my hand, and there's no one in the tents..."

He looked somewhat frazzled. Even in that state he looked terrifying. His sharp eyes stared directly into mine boring a hole threw my skull.
He motioned his head inside and made room for me to walk in. I walked in slowly, standing right beside his couch. He walked up to the kitchen area, lifting up his arms to reach above the shelf and retrieve what looked like a first aid kit.

I admired his shoulder blades as the flex and the way his muscles contracted. I could get a clear view of his tattoo. It ran from his arm to across his back and down his towel. I couldn't help but wonder what the rest of the tattoo looked like.