Showers

{ Cole's POV }
I set off the signal informing everyone to meet back up at the spot. I held the flag and walked along the trail. When I got there everyone was standing waiting to see who got the flag. The shock written on all of their faces was enough to make up for the weird feelings earlier.

They all started cheering and congratulating me. I shrugged it off and handed the flag to Mase. He was rubbing it into Kare's face.

They looked all playful and happy until the general came around.

G-C: " Alright everyone, get back to base, you smell like a bunch of pigs"

The two guys walked over to me. Still laughing and chuckling to each other.

KA: " especially you man, make sure to wash that victory sweat off" I scoffed and ended with a grin. He always knew how to make a joke.

I hung around a little behind them as they went on.

MA: " you coming ?"

CO: " Yeah I'll catch up" 

Everyone had already disappeared into the camp, but I wanted to take a few minutes in the one place I knew I was safe.

No one seen me walk down the path. The cool air along the rugged damp wood path made the forest seem wider. More of a portal almost.

The water was black but the light shining from the moon was reflecting on it. It emulated the same shine as pearls. I could hear the ripples curling off the rocky edge and hit the side of the lake. There were faint animal noises as well.

I can't help but feel uneasy. I'm stuck in a foreign place with people I barely know. I'd always have my mother by me. She was the supportive and caring one. But now she's gone.

The moon reminded me off her. I always hoped her spirit was still there watching and guiding over me. That she would show me the right path.

CO: " What can I even do mom....?"  I looked up at the moon hoping for an answer.

I sat down on a pile of dry rocks next to a half decent dock. The water felt nice as I sawed it along the thin amount of water near me.

I felt so helpless, I wish I could just be left in this quiet space. Tomorrow was Wednesday, but we'd probably only have some class and the rest of the day to do free sports or activities.

I wish I had access to music. I was always the quiet social kid at school. Wish things were the same here.

But what were those guys talking about?

The entirety of me being here has just filled me with a bunch of weird feelings. I couldn't pin point the way I felt about the commander. The way he made me feel safe but on edge, the way I admired his body, or the way he sent shivers up my spine when he spoke or looked at me.

I couldn't understand it. Especially not the way he helped me earlier.  I don't know what that guy was trying to do but my body was reacting in a way I never felt before. And the way he insinuated that the others were thinking about it too.

It made me feel uneasy. We're they watching me? I thought I could just fly under the radar.

I spent about another 20 min of just admiring the scene before going back to camp. I needed to shower and by now everyone should have been done.

It was dead silent and nothing really loud going on.

You could hear some of the captains laughing and chuckling in the main tent. Guess they were having a small celebration for the first few days of success.