xiii. Toothless Found

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

━━ chapter thirteentoothless found

━━ chapter thirteen
toothless found

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

     "I'M GOING to die!"

     In passing, Valkyrie snapped, "Quit whining, Snotlout!"

     Scuttleclaws were close to Deadly Nadders in stature and looks━as well as their constant need to preen their wings. Even baby Scuttleclaws were as bright and energetic as young Nadders━so energetic, that Valkyrie clung on with all her might on the flaps down his back, doing her best to weave in and out of the ice. Behind her, most of the Dragon Riders were screaming and yelling, barely missing flying head-on into shards of ice as they desperately tried their best to follow Hiccup in the lead.

     Valkyrie gasped as the Scuttleclaw baby she rode suddenly dived and spun under a jet of ice, squawking in defiance as if he had just committed a well-organised act. 

     "I don't want to die!" cried Fishlegs from somewhere in the rear.

    "We can't fly these things!" added Tuffnut, pulling his Scuttleclaw back up with effort.

     "Yeah━" Hott barged into a sheet of ice from the side. He emerged with his hair full of snow and ice, "━no kidding!"

     But Eret was perhaps the worse off out of all of them. He couldn't even stay on his dragon's back. He clung on like a tree animal from underneath, screaming his lungs out. 

     "But won't the Bewilderbeast just take control of these guys, too?" Astrid asked Hiccup as she veered in by his other side. 

     "They're babies!" he managed a soft chuckle, and Valkyrie was happy he found some amusement despite everything that has happened. "They don't listen to anyone!"

    "Huh," Val slipped in right next to him as the two babies squawked at each other. "Sounds familiar━reminds me of someone, can't pinpoint who, though."

     Hiccup rolled his eyes good-naturedly.

     "Yeah!" snickered Tuff. "Just like us!"

     "She meant me, Tuff."

     "Oh, sure, make it about you."

     "This is━" Gobber scathed the snow, "━whoa!━very dangerous!━Ahh!" he pulled up the dragon as it fell down with a scream. He managed to pull in next to Valkyrie, scowling across her to Hiccup. "Some might suggest this is poorly conceived!"

    "Well, maybe it is a good idea that I never listen," Hiccup arched a brow towards Valkyrie, and she scoffed, smiling. 

    But it soon fell when a column of ice came into view, right in front of her, "Whoa━" she barely dived away from it, spiralling to her left. When she heard Hiccup laugh━actually laugh, even if it was light and dreary━she felt no anger, whatsoever. She just thanked every single god in her world that he still wanted to. That he felt he could.