i. This Is New Berk

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

epilogue, ithis is new berk

epilogue, i
this is new berk

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

    ONCE, ONLY ONCE, every year at a very special time, a very happy chill settled upon the island of New Berk. Where their island, which was located close to the ends of the earth, stood tall above rock fortresses covered in mounds of snow. The beautiful waterfalls were all sheets of ice, the caverns now windy glaciers and the cliffs and cliffs of bountiful woodland now a white winter wonderland. A place where frostbite, at this time of year, was a definite and everyone huddled in their warmest furs by the fire, doing their best to make sure their children stayed on Odin's good list▬and never his naughty. 

     For this was New Berk at Snoggletog, the greatest time of the year (why they chose such a stupid name remains a mystery). They had bright, holiday lights! And▬oh▬such great hunting songs (for you would be surprised how great the Vikings of the Hooligan Tribe were at singing). Everyone loved the holiday shopping▬where their markets had anything for anyone: how about a new festive mace? A club to clobber their neighbour's head with? The axes ... which, were asking a little to much for that quality at that price ... And of course, no one could forget the brave Yaknog shooters who tested how much▬and how long▬they could survive the horrid taste (but, please do not mention to the Chief's wife they use her favourite homemade beverage or face the consequences of her hammer!).

     There was only one thing missing.

     Dragons. 

    It has been ten years since the Vikings and dragons agreed to live apart. But that does not mean they forgot their favourite, flying friends. They were still very much apart of their living memory. 

    And in the Haddock Household, the Snoggletog cheer was very much in the air. 

    As the warm fire crackled and spat in the hearth, set out in a very sweet and comfortable home decorated with seasonal reefs and lit candles (and many, many flowers), Valkyrie Haddock found herself standing a little lost in the centre of the main room. She frowned, glancing around. The Chieftess of Berk was a beautiful woman, that was for sure▬some would say she has not aged a day past twenty with her wonderful, long auburn waves that twisted off her face into two braids littered with lovely flowers. Snoggletog was the only time in the Viking year where Valkyrie of the Haddock Clan was an almost uncontrollable burst of happy energy. Every other day, she was a fierce, but understanding woman▬yet, one you should not mess with. And yes, you should never mess with Valkyrie Haddock during the holidays, but as soon as the Snoggletog preparations began, it would seem as if she had aged herself back in time to a young, bright and bouncy girl who was out of the door of her home, all smiling and laughing and wishing everyone, "Happy Snoggletog!" at the top of her lungs.