xxi. How To Find Your Dragon's Girlfriend

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

━━ chapter twenty-onehow to find your dragon's girlfriend

how to find your dragon's girlfriend

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

  "WHAT DO YOU mean gone?"

    "Vanished!" Hiccup flung out a hand and Snotlout's eyes followed it like some distant string was pulling his gaze towards it, expecting something to be there. Hott scoffed, not sure whether to believe it as he tugged a bucket of fish by the handle along the ground. Astrid watched him, incredulous. She mouthed, just pick it up! to which he stared blankly, before continuing to drag it along, this time purposefully letting it make an obnoxious scrape against the stone floor. She rolled her eyes and went back to scrubbing Stormfly's scales.

    "Into thin air," added Valkyrie helpfully. Hiccup nodded at her, gesturing back with a wave of his hand. They were spending their usual days in the Sanctuary, looking after not just their dragons, but any that were around. In the years past, the Frode business in caring for dragons when they were sick and injured had become so big, it incorporated into the Hangar to accompany for space. It was full-time work! Almost as much full-time work as having a kid, but definitely a close second.

    As Hott passed, Linnea looked up from her Viking rune cards from the forge that she liked to stack to point at him and say, "Poo Head."

    Valkyrie and Hiccup both frowned at her, not sure whether to be angry or surprised, wondering what caused her to state that so out of the blue. Linnea's uncle stopped right in his journey to the closest stall to stare at her, offended and state, "Hey. That's rude!"

    She just grinned, very happy with his reaction. "Poo," she said again before laughing. "Poo Head!"

    Val shushed her, gently brushing her hair off her face with a small scowl. "Don't say that," she muttered as Leith set down the bucket to state again:

    "I am not a Poo Head!" he gestured to his niece who was still grinning. "You're the━" at Hiccup's incredulous stare, Hott quickly corrected himself, "━Who told you to say that, young lady?"

    With no filter, the nineteen-month year-old answered, "Uncle Snotlout."

    "Snotlout!" both Valkyrie and Hott spun to the Jorgenson standing by Hiccup as he carefully worked to remove a splinter from a Gronckle's foot.

    Snotlout's eyes went wide, caught red-handed. Before Hiccup could scold him as well, he picked up the pace of his wagon and scurried along. The chief rolled his eyes.

    Linnea continued to smile, happy at everyone's sudden attention onto her. Hiccup pinched the bridge of his nose as she decided to then place the wooden number tags into her mouth. Valkyrie gasped and reached forward across Zephyr's head that lied in between the two of them. "Oh! Nope, no, no, no, give me that━no, honey, no we don't eat that━"