Chapter Ten

Violet's Pov
This is beyond stupid, I was still gonna argue about this till the day my immortal life ever ended. Going to school was dumb, playing along that we were living humans was dumb, but then again what were we gonna do for years on end? Stay inside, only go out to hunt when needed? Wait I'm sure that's what the Volturi did. I know they had semi boring lives still the thought lingered on taking a visit to Italy just for some sun that I couldn't even take in. Still bugged me that they lived in such a hot place but couldn't enjoy it.

I shook away the thoughts with a small quite chuckle leaving my lips keeping my bottom pressed firmly onto the hood of my car, lightly chewing at the edge of the sleeve of my hoodie. In my mind time was endless but it had been a small year since I had agreed to be out here to help Edward with his.. Human problem that was Bella Swan.

It had been a year of me realizing the distaste I had for her, and her attitude I avoided her with every fiber in me, a year since she had been attacked since then I kept my feelings at bay, and just spent time with what I called my new family.

Jasper still made it his main goal to keep me off drugs which was sort of easy for the most part of him and Emmett didn't tackle me to the ground and sit on me when I had my urges, while Rosalie was always trying to help me keep my mind away from Edward. Alice to had decided to always be the peace makers forcing me into the rooms with Edward when it got awkward or stuff between us.

I fluttered my eyes a couple times cracking a faint smile at the sight of Bella's friends all crowded around talking among themselves there's the annoying human of the hour her birthday was today? Meant she would be coming over much to my demise. I looked away from the scene when Alice had roughly plopped down next to me on the hood with a grin smiling at me.

"Hey there Violet! How are you feeling?" She questioned to me, her eyes showing interest and all. I kept chewing at the edge of my sleeve for a moment my eyes lingered to see the numbers above Bella's head once again were moving up and down frequent like before I blinked to make them disappear.

"Oh you know.. Same old same old Alice. You seem really happy." I pointed out watching her swing her legs almost too fast like squeaking gently.

"I suppose I'm a little excited for the little birthday party for Bella! Got her a pretty dress hopefully she likes it." I nodded my head a few times as I spoke casually my tone muffled.

"Do I still have to get her a gift? I don't even like the girl Alice." She gave me quite the firm stare with a pout forming on her gorgeous face.

"Yes just like I told Rosalie you just gotta be a little nice." The way she said a little nice felt like that totally wasn't gonna be easy for me like at all. I made a face dropping the sleeve to stop chewing on it, swinging at my own legs, my large hair bouncing each time I whipped my head around.

"I don't know Alice lately being around here lately just has been messing up my mind. I should have went on a vacation after prom last year." She stared at me softly poking at my arm with a faint like smile across her features.

"What's keeping you here hmm? And you I both know what it is keeping you in place." I found my gold eyes flicking watching Edward had kissed Bella's forehead before he was making his way over towards me and Alice. I had to look away as quickly as I could clearing my throat.

"Yes yes we all know what holds me down to the ground, let's not talk about that when he can read my thoughts." I joked out with a soft giggle that followed suit with Alice as she laid her head on my shoulder. Once Edward had fully stood in front of me. I flashed him a kind smile speaking gently holding Alice's arms when she started to hug me tightly.

"Hey you, what's got you with the long face?" I questioned, briefly his fingers brushed over his cheeks almost like he was annoyed as he spoke to me.

"Bella said she was having dreams about getting old and what not cause it's her birthday." A small chuckle left as I titled my head back to rest on Alice's head.

"Well isn't that normal? That's the point of being human, you age." I chuckled more to myself seeing him briefly rub at the bridge of his nose before he was gesturing if he could sit on the opposite side of me which I scooted a bit causing Alice to whine loudly with a huff.

"You are always hogging her. You guys see each other every day go somewhere Edward." She joked sticking her tongue out fast like getting a amused look shot back at her with full ease.

"I turned her Alice and I'm her maker so I at least get to talk to her and spend time with her." Was all he said with a loose chuckle, I briefly patted at his arms resting my head to stay put on his shoulder nodding my head firmly with a soft smile. Yeah that's why it was hard to pull away, all because of that stupid maker like bond, every time I found myself pulling away from it.

Edward seemingly was pulling back onto it, almost like a red string force, tug one side, it was tugged back at full force. He gently was stroking at my back all three of us pulled into a mindless conversation seeing Edward's eyes lingered onto me the entire time.

So much like a red string