Chapter Nine

Violet's Pov
"Humans still do prom? What on earth for?" I found myself questioning more to myself then anyone staring at the deep black shade color dress wanted something simple so what better then just a black dress, with white heels. It seemed to shape and fan out in such a perfect way. Including the strap heels sadly I hadn't felt beautiful in a long while. So being forced to attend this very very human like event should out my mind at ease from quite a few things.

First I would keep my thoughts away from Bella and Edward at least for the night being. I second would finally get to have my thought away from almost getting myself killed to save Bella as well. All in all that human had trouble following her like a lamp, she could walk and trouble would fall with her.

"It's gonna be a fun night." I took a glance to the right of me where Rosalie sat on my bed finishing up the last touches on her hair. Alice was squealing all about watching me closely as she fixed her own dress.

"Alice you said that about almost everything." Rosalie chuckled a few short times. A low groan left me quietly spinning around for a moment to glance away from each curl ruffling them up for a moment.

"Well at least if any of the drinks are spiked I can't even drunk. For shame." I groaned out, spinning around a few more times wincing when I heard Jasper exclaim from downstairs.

"I heard that Violet!" I waved my hand off as quickly as I could even though he was nowhere near me. He was like a hawk watching my back twenty four seven when he could. Yet we were done with the heavy for now.

After Bella almost died that night with a broken leg, and many more very deep injuries. Edward was gonna leave her that night, a lot of mixed emotions. The girl was already emotionally stunted that I know me telling her that she was an idiot wasn't gonna help her healing process.

I snapped away from my thoughts to watch Rosalie as she stood up coming to stand near me, placing her arm around my shoulder with a very light chuckle.

"You ready to actually enjoy a night out?" She raised her eyebrows in my direction causing another light muffled chuckle to leave me before I nodded my head.

"Yeah why not, what's more fun then dancing all night."

_______________________________
To speak clearly I'm sure if I was human, my feet would be hurting a lot, I hate when everyone was right for the most part it wasn't overly as bad as I was expecting, human food and drinks still tastes like nothing really. Being dragged by each of my new siblings to dance the night away mainly by Jasper was quite entertaining.

A low laugh left me quickly feeling Jasper had quickly twirled me around fast, pressing my back towards his chest, dipping me back in one quick smooth motion.

I peered up at him fluttering my eye lashes a few times a soft giggle leaving me.

"Hello there." I muttered through my laughter watching him carefully prop me right back up to my feet.

"Hello there you are a born natural, does dancing come to you easy?" He stared at me clearly with amusement his hands still gripping my own hands, twirling me around with ease.

"I think more of so, I spent so much time In London at bars, drinking drinks that had no effect on me dancing the night away." I giggled at his face he made, one more being dipped towards him again, it seemed the night for everyone at Forks was kinda dying down the music was mellow. I had one final dance with Jasper when he went off to go find Alice.

I found myself about to head out the venue to clear my thoughts for the night the music still fresh faded in my ear drums. I made it with ease the cold breeze brushing across my face sitting on the edge of the steps slipping off my heels so that they could rest near me, I was already so cold, yet how come it felt much colder?

"Your thoughts are always so sad Violet even when you are having fun." I popped my eyes open moving my heels away from me, allowing Edward to sit next to me on the steps. Seeing him glance at me from the corner of his eyes.

"I'm not sad, I was just pointing out It's cold outside." The both of us shared a small breathless laugh with one another.

"Your thoughts they are so sad Violet and even after all these years of knowing you. I can't read you, your thoughts drift to different things. For once I want you to trust me as your maker, someone you trust." I focused solely on him in that moment. The very angsty Edward Cullen I knew. I turned my body to face him completely I took one of his hands in my own giving it a very delicate like squeeze flashing him a smile.

"Edward I've told you everything I've had to hide. I told you about the drugs. And the drinking I've told you enough that I came all the way out here just to see you again." I paused momentarily knowing I was lying right through my teeth, I shook my head a couple times.

"You know that I love and care about you right Violet you know this." He whispered gazing into my eyes even more. A little sad smile crept its way on my face briefly I lifted one hand to cup at his cheek stroking at it a couple times with the tip of my finger whispering to him.

"Yet you don't know how much I wish it was enough Edward." I told him gently leaning up I press a brief kiss to his forehead.

"Like I said I'll be supporting you, take care of your human. She's really gonna need it." I muttered dropping my hand once more. Edward was so quick to stare at me which had me thinking which words had confused him.

"More than enough... I need you around why are you talking like you are leaving?" I was quick to smooth out the wrinkles in the dress fast like.

"I'm not leaving- it's more like a soft distance for myself, now come on yeah? Let's have one dance." I muttered standing up, the conflicted expression never leaving him one bit, with a quiet sigh he stood up taking my hand in his own urging me closer.

"Why are you such a mystery." He muses glancing down at me lightly pressing his forehead on my own, swaying me closer to him. I thought for a split second before uttering my thoughts.

"I think I get it from my maker."