Chapter Twelve

Violet's Pov
A little sad to leave it up to Bella to ruin her own birthday party. It wasn't entirely her fault. Yet she still kept herself in harm's way. It was a few days shortly, that you could see the distant look in Edward's eyes, and the look of guilt in Jasper's. The family had so many decisions it seemed they were deciding on.

While I was cooped up in the living room pacing left and right with the large book in my grasp, my eyes scanned the words left and right before I spoke over my shoulder when someone entered. "Hey Edward what are you doing back so quickly? I thought you were visiting Bella." My voice stopped when I spun around to see the pained expression across his face before he glanced down at his shoes.

I shut the book with a small thump using my speed to rush over to him in concern cupping at his face.

"Hey what's the matter? Talk to me." I demanded worried he had hurt someone or maybe her. He placed his hand over my own on his face for a moment, shutting his eyes before stuttering out words, I would never imagine the words would ever leave him. The pain was quite vivid over his entire form.

"I broke up with Bella I told her we all were leaving to protect her and it just feels empty." I may have not liked the girl but it pained me to see my maker in this way. I dropped my hands from his face, wrapping my arms around his neck bringing him into a tight hug. Stroking at the back of his hair messing with the strands muttering back to him when he loosely pressed his head to my neck.

"Oh Edward you can be so selfish sometimes.. Come on."

______________________________
Being alone was something I was use to for many years of my immortal life. When Edward asked if I would a company him with this move. I was all but shocked by the actions. Usually when a person has strong emotions they just wanna be left alone with them. It was sad to part ways with everyone.

Jasper had demanded to me in a soft tone to always call and check in with him and Alice. Alice beaming at me that I could visit the two when ever, I needed my own space.

Here I was in this was apartment watching Edward waste away on this couch always looking out the window as if the guilt would leave him. I gripped at the glass making my way across the hard wood floor, before sliding the glass across the coffee table gathering up his attention on me looking up fake blinking his eyelashes.

"I know you are, you know managing your emotions in your own way. It doesn't mean you should slowly kill yourself, I can still feel when you need blood and things like that drink." I nodded towards the cup of animal blood.

I was thankful Carlisle had quite a few to spare around. Edward clicked his tongue over his cheek a few times flicking his eyes to watch the sunset.

"I'm not hungry." He declared out sinking back fully into the sofa. I stood up grabbing the glass not saying anything as I place the glass into his hand to which he caught staring at me.

"I didn't say you were hungry you need it." I found my own body casually sitting down next to him on the sofa moving to rest my head in his lap, to which his free hand started playing loosely with my hair. I could finally feel my form start to relax when I could hear he was drinking the blood.

He reached over to set the glass to the side, his other hand now free stroking at the cold touch of my cheek lightly with his fingertips.

"Thank you." I finally told him in a soft tone, shutting my eyes for a moment. I never needed rest, still it lingered in stressful times like this sleep would be so good to sleep away the heaviness.

"Back when you turned me Edward you told me you wanted me to live on.. I can't tell you how to live your life anymore since its kinda the other way around." I shook with slight laughter feeling his eyes suddenly watching me. I shifted my head up both our attention was on both one another.

"Try and live on for me Edward at least you know try." He released a small chuckle out, moving his fingers to slightly rub under my chin after tilting it up. I saw him smile for the first time in a couple days. He leaned his head down to rest his temple on my own pressing a kiss to it gently.

"For you I will try."