Chapter Five

Violet's Pov
You can do this Vi remember what you and Jasper have been practicing. I kept telling myself that over and over in my mind sitting at the lunch table with everyone, I was staring at my human food lunch tray with the same thought. I needed a fix, but like I promised Jasper I was gonna stop.

I gritted my teeth together glancing up for a moment to see Jasper was looking at me from across the table before the sense of emotions being sent at me made me slowly sink into my seat in relaxation. He nodded his head at me sending me a gentle side smile and I mouthed thank you relaxing a little. The months passed Edward and Bella grew closer and I formed a bond with Jasper.

He was actually really funny when he wasn't freaking out about human blood. He taught me a lot of techniques and all. But knowing Alice and her power she has had a bright look into my future a bit. "So you know prom is coming up soon." Alice beamed looking at all of us. Emmett slowly groaned looking away from talking with Rosalie.

"Again? Didn't we just do one last year." He grumbled. I breathed out a light chuckle. "Prom is kinda pointless Alice." she then gasped again throwing me an offended look.

"It is not Violet! You just need someone to show you how amazing it can be, I have the perfect purple dress that you can wear." She beamed I didn't wanna dim her sunshine and make it less then what it was, so I chuckled.

"Alright I'll go but just this once." She squealed looking at me happily quickly hugging me making me chuckle hugging her back. Lunch at this God forsaken school was as peaceful as it could get. It was until Edward entered the first time without Bella. I felt him tap me on my shoulder and I looked up at him stopping my conversation with Jasper.

"Yeah what's up Edward?" I asked rubbing my hands across my legs seeing he was in deep thought, he looked a lot of emotions but mainly mad.

"Lets take a drive." He muttered. I lifted an eyebrow slowly tucking my hair away "like now?" I asked again and he get again nodded. "I'll have you back before fifth period."

Me and Jasper shared a very quick look, but I agreed before Edward starting doing the whole I command you thing. I grabbed my backpack picking up the full tray.

"I'll see you guys back at the house." Everyone said their different goodbyes and I followed Edward out.

_____________________________
It was a long and restful drive which I didn't know I needed till it happened. Edward had stopped at a little edge clearing stopping the car before he told me I could get out which I did breathing in a small bit of the fresh rain like air.

"What's this about Edward?" I questioned my hands still stuffed inside my pockets looking to see him lightly leaning on the edge of the hood of the Volvo.

"I'm gonna ask this once, because I don't wanna believe this, but after hearing your and Jasper's thought today I don't wanna believe it. And you need to tell me, as your creator and your maker what's going on." I inhaled a little wondering exactly what he has heard from my thoughts.

"W-what do you mean?" I questioned a little my hands fidgeting quite a lot, I was hoping to play dumb. "When you were away for all these years, even now what have you been doing?" I took a breath feeling he was using the command on me and I tore my eyes away from him.

" I....I've been doing different drugs to cope with things at first I didn't need it so much but then I just got addicted. The first few times I never felt anything but over constant use, I felt a buzz." I muttered my gaze still facing the ground my boots crunching under all the dirt.

"All this time you've been doing drugs? Drugs, Violet! Out of all the things you could have been doing you choose the route that if you were a human could kill you!" I tried to ignore how loud his voice had gotten.

"Y-you wouldn't understand why I did it.... Jasper's been helping me I'm getting better." I stammered finally looking up at his angry face "Getting better? Getting better huh?" He scoffed turning away from me.

"I can't believe this all this strange feelings I've been feeling. Violet you should have came to me." I quickly started to shut my eyes not knowing why it came over me.

"Edward I did the drugs because of you! How dumb can you be to not realize I've been in love with you for all these fucking years!" I screamed turning around to face him watching his expression slowly change so quickly.

"F-from the moment you bit me and small your teeth into my neck to save me. I've been ideally suited with the idea of being with you... I thought if I tried hard enough you would see it.... That's why I went away but now it's all about Bella. " I whispered breathing out a shaky chuckle.

"Violet.... I never knew." He whispered trying to move closer to me but I held my hand out. "It's too late Edward. Not anymore.... I'm here to support you remember." I cracked out, my voice trembling against my will.

The tears wanted to leave, they wanted to leave, but they couldn't leave one bit.

"I'm here to support you with Bella," I whispered again.