Chapter nine: Opening up

TRIGGER WARNING: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
This part of the story delves more into (Y/N)'s past and its not pretty, and I highly hope you have not experienced anything like in this story. If you or a loved one has been a victim of domestic violence I urge you to seek help. There will be some shenanigans and fluffy bits in this long chapter but I wanted to fore warn you lovelies in the beginning. Also, I do not own the drawing, but I found it and thought it would be a good guideline to what (Y/N) is now wearing! On to the chapter!

"We should bed up for the night at the local inn, I'll meet you there."

I say to Geralt as I get off Nareas saddle, handing the reins to Geralt as he nods.

"And where will you be going?"

He asks me with an almost teasing tone and I roll my eyes at him with a smile.

"To the market, I need some warmer clothes."

I look up at the sky frowning at the clouds forming as a shiver runs down my spine.

"It's going to snow soon."

I tell him as I look back at him and he nods, heading towards the inn and I head the other way, walking around the marketplace, looking for a clothes stall and I find one.

"Hello miss, looking for some new clothes? You look in need of them dear."

The older lady running the stall asks and I give her a kind smile with a nod, looking at her wares as she comes around, picking up a beautiful light blue top with off the shoulder sleeves and holding it against me with a smile.

"I knew it! Blue is your color my dear. I saw you riding in with your man, wearing a color like this, he won't be able to take his eyes off you."

She says with a smirk and my cheeks flush scarlet and I start sputtering out a response, trying to form my words coherently.

"He's not my man, he's just my companion and friend."

I tell her and the smirk doesn't leave her lips as she hands me the shirt along with a fur vest and a new black cloak.

"Still will make him look dear. This should also keep you plenty warm."

She says and I nod, quickly paying her the coin and walking quickly to the inn, my face burning up from her comments. Entering the inn I look around the bar for Geralt before spotting him in the corner with two mugs of ale and I maneuver my way through the crowd to the table, setting down my new clothes and putting them in my bag. Geralt gives me a strange look and I glance at him before sitting down, taking the mug he offers me and I take a big gulp of the sweet liquid.

"Why's your face so red?"

Geralt says nonchalantly and I feel my cheeks heat up again and I look around nervously.

"Just the cold, it does that to a normal person."

I quickly say, Geralt raising an eyebrow at my hurried response before going back to looking around the bar, sipping his ale as I do the same, a young man bringing by two meals shortly after and giving me a small smile.

"You've got quite the beauty witcher, I'm a little jealous you've got a girl that gorgeous."

The man says and I choke on the ale I was drinking, coughing violently as Geralt gives him a bored look.

"She's not my girl. She's my companion."

Geralt says slowly, but there's almost a hint of sadness in his tone that makes my heart flutter in my chest.