Chapter thirty-eight: Another Party

Walking through the halls of Kaer Morhen I look around for Geralt, opening the door to a room full of pots and tools. Looking around the room I pick up an awl, looking around as I play with it in my hands when the door opens and I turn, watching Geralt walk in with the leshy hand.

"Done exploring already?"

Geralt asks me teasingly as he gives me a gentle kiss that makes my heart flutter as I hear Ciri let out a soft groan of disgust.

"You could say that love."

I say as I chuckle, watching Geralt set the leshy hand down on the table and I walk over to him, setting the awl back down on the table.

"Never seen one before, do all leshies look like trees?"

I ask Geralt as I poke the arm inquisitively, Geralt chuckling as he grabs some tools, Ciri walking over to us and watching silently.

"Yes, they do."

Geralt says as he inspects the tools next to him, grabbing what looked like a small crowbar from the table.

"It hides in forests? There are others like it?"

Ciri asks and I nod, Geralt jamming the tool into the leshy arm, prying up the bark.

"A few. Dying out though, because they can't reproduce."

Geralt says, removing the tool from the leshy arm as he inspects it, making me wonder what he was looking to figure out.

"Any you come across will have been around since the Conjunction darling. Though even I haven't seen one on my adventures, so it's unlikely you'll encounter one."

I say softly, leaning against the table and Ciri sighs, walking away from the table and looking around the room.

"So, is that what we'll be doing here then? Studying monsters."

Ciri says kind of boredly and I raise my eyebrow at her tone, smirking softly.

"Hey, that studying me and Geralt have done has kept us alive and fed for many a winter Ciri. It's a good knowledge to have, especially in this ever changing world."

I say and Ciri chuckles softly, shaking her head as she turns and gives me a small smile.

"I didn't mean it like that."

Ciri says and I chuckle softly as Geralt grunts, breaking off the bark of the leshy arm.

"Yeah."

Geralt says, inspecting the small bugs that were hidden beneath the bark and I look over his shoulder curiously.

"Collecting supplies for those potions you take?"

Ciri asks and Geralt looks up at her for a moment before continuing to work on the arm.

"Sure."

Geralt says as he widens the hole he made in the bark and I watch him with intrigue.

"Training?"

Ciri asks and Geralt sighs softly, setting aside the tool he was using.

"Training is dangerous."

Geralt says and I frown softly, Ciri rolling her eyes.

"I'd like to do some training, I even have a dagger to practice with now."

Ciri says nonchalantly, looking over the pots on the shelves and Geralt grunts, breaking off another chunk of bark as he glances up at her.

"And where did you get a dagger from?"

Geralt asks and I sheepishly slide away from him, fiddling with a tool on the table that was suddenly very interesting.