Chapter thirty-seven: Kaer Morhen

Riding up to the gate I shiver slightly, Ciri looking at the castle with curiosity. Getting off Nareas saddle, Ciri looks around as I tie Nareas reins to the stable, petting her nose.

"How many did you say there were?"

Ciri asks Geralt as he ties Roach up next to Nareas and I give him a look, grabbing our bags from the saddle.

"I didn't."

Geralt says with a soft smirk and I elbow his side softly, giving him a look and he sighs, taking a bag from me and turning around, walking over to Ciri.

"Last I checked, we were twenty. Now, maybe less."

Geralt says and I frown softly, adjusting the strap of the bag on my shoulder before walking with Geralt and Ciri as he opens the door to the main hall and I look around at the many faces, Ciri hanging close to my side.

"I don't like the feel of this Geralt."

I whisper softly to him and he chuckles, giving me a reassuring look as he steps forward, a man with curly red hair standing up as Ciri grabs my hand.

"Mo- I mean, (Y/N), what did you mean by that?"

Ciri asks me and I give her a look, wondering what she was going to say before she corrected herself.

"The atmosphere of the room feels off. That's what I meant."

I say to her before looking back at the men.

"Where the fuck have you been? We thought you got lost, or killed."

The man asks Geralt and I watch the movements of the men around me, my hand resting on my blades pommel just in case.

"Not yet, sorry."

Geralt says and someone chuckles, before the man with red hair embraces Geralt and my eyes widen slightly at the sight, the atmosphere of the room changing to a light hearted one that calms my nerves. Ciri takes my hand and we walk forward toward Geralt as he hugs the other man, an older gentleman watching us closely.

"Wolf. You're home, finally."

The older gentleman says and I glance at him, noticing the pendant around his neck is similar to Geralts.

"Vesemir, yeah."

Geralt says as I set my other hand against his back, giving Vesemir a small smile as Geralt glances back at me and Ciri.

"I had to make a few stops."

Geralt says with a small smile and Vesemir hums softly in acknowledgement, Ciri looking around at all the men as they get up, walking over to Geralt and they each take turns giving a hug of greeting and I move back from the people with Ciri.

"I didn't think there would be this many witchers left. From all the stories my brother told me they were said to be almost extinct."

I mumble, Ciri looking at me with curiosity.

"You have a brother?"

Ciri asks and I smile softly, giving her a side hug as I think of my brother Jaskier.

"Yep, he's a Bard. You'll meet him one day, I promise."

I say to her and she nods, the man with curly red hair coming up to us with a grin and I give him a small smile.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, little ladies, come have a drink, and sit down near the fire. I'm Lambert by the way."

Lambert introduces himself to us and I give him a kind smile, Ciri nodding softly.