Chapter twenty: Bruised knuckles

Hey lovelies! I'm back with another chapter on your adventures with our beloved grumpy witcher. Get ready cause this one is a little fast paced, but we get introduced to everyone's favorite witch Yennefer 💜

"Geralt, will you slow down!"

I call out to him as he grabs the fishing net from his saddle and he walks to the river as I get off Nareas saddle. He hadn't spoken much to me since we'd left Cintra months ago when we shared that night together and he was worrying me. When he did speak to me it was very short and to the point sentences, normally followed with a cold tone and dismissive look. Following him quickly I try to touch his arm and he moves away from me and I frown, my heart hurting slightly.

"Just talk to me, what's wrong?"

I say in a gentle voice and he sighs heavily, tossing the net into the lake with a jerking motion before turning to me with a glare.

"Just leave! You're irritating me beyond belief!"

Geralt yells with a frown and I blink, a little hurt by his tone and words but I nod, setting my jaw in irritation.

"Alright Geralt. I'll go up the path a bit so you can have some quiet."

I say coldly and turn on my heel, trudging up the bank of the river and to the path, walking up it with anger, muttering to myself for a while before bumping into someone and I give them a cold glare but it softens when I see it's my brother.

"Woah little sis, that's a right deadly look you've got going on. What happened?"

Jaskier says and I shake my head, pointing to the river behind me.

"You see if you can talk to him! He's been such a... UGH!"

I growl out and continue up the path, ignoring the smell of gin on Jaskier and his concerned look before he trudges off to the river and I look around for a moment before walking up to a large tree down the path and punching it in anger. Pulling back my hand I look at my knuckles, bruises forming and I growl, punching the tree again, with more force and with both hands, in anger. I stop, sensing powerful magic as the wind picks up and I look to the river as the area gets darker and I take off running, worried for my brother. The wind starts howling in my ears as I see Geralt cast a spell at something flying across the river as I notice Jaskier struggling to breath and I hurry over to him, looking him over in worry as he braces himself against me, coughing up blood and I glare at Geralt.

"What the hell happened?!"

I yell at Geralt as he looks over Jaskier and helps me carry him to the horses, helping him onto Nareas saddle and I climb on in front of him, Jaskier wheezing as he limply holds onto my waist.

"I'll explain later."

Geralt says as he climbs onto Roaches saddle and we ride to the closest military camp and I help Jaksier down.

"Is there a healer here?!"

I ask worriedly, fear starting to take root in my chest and we are led to the elven healer and he looks over my brother with a concerned face.

"A djinn in a bottle, it's like a fairy tale."

The healer, Chireadan, says and I look at Geralt angrily, Geralt ignoring my glare and focusing on Jaskier.

"Only without the happy ending, now can you heal my brother?!"

I ask him as Jaskier's breathing hitches more and Chireadan's face drops as he looks at Jaskier's throat.