A New Friend

Your pov,

I grabbed my bag and skipped my way down the stairs, humming softly as I was ready to grab some breakfast and go to school.

"Dad, I'm off to school," I said aloud, walking in the kitchen to greet my father. But there was no sign of him. A small blue note on the fridge caught my attention as I head towards it to grab some juice.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey honey,

I've gone out on an emergency trip after I've got a call from the company last night. I'm sorry, I didn't get to tell you this, but I'll be back after a few weeks. Be good and have fun at school until then.
Oh, I made some sandwiches you like and left them in the fridge.

Eat them before you head to school.

P.S. If Troy bugs you again, remember to use the moves I taught you. 

Love you and see you soon.

                                                  Dad.

---------------------------------------------------------

*sigh*

"I love you too, dad," I said and smiled before grabbing the sandwiches from the fridge and ate them. Chucking down some water, I put on my shoes and headed out of the house. Making sure to lock the house, I saw Jenna passing by from the corner of my eyes, "Hey Jenna!"

"Hey (N/n)! You coming?" I heard her said as I put the keys in my purse.
"I'll catch you up in a sec!" I said, turning to her with a smile. "Kk!" she replied and continued to walk her way towards the school.

Just as I was about to head out and was passing by my dad's car, I heard something came flying in my direction. "Hey. Look out!" I heard someone yelled and looked up, catching a can that came flying in my way with one hand just in time.

I looked to see a guy with blonde hair and a bright orange tan, wearing a green shirt and a red jacket. He was staring at me with an extended hand which let me figure that he was the one who kicked this little can. I chuckled at the cute expression he was making as I held my hand down.
"Easy there, tough guy. Better to show your skills at the gym class rather than here," I said and walked down towards the pavement while he laughed nervously and walked up to me.

"Haha, sorry about that. That was a pretty nice catch back there by the way," he said.
"Thanks. I've been practicing some sports lately. So, uhh... going to Hubert high, perhaps? You must be new here since I haven't seen you around before," I started, throwing the can in the dustbin we just passed by and he smiled, "Yea. I just moved here actually so, I guess it's kinda my first day."

"Cool. My name's (Y/n). (Y/n) (L/n). But...you can just call me (Y/n) or whatever you want," I said with a shrug, and he chuckled. "Haha, (Y/n) then. Umm...I'm Duncan. Duncan Rosenblatt," he said, extending a hand for me to shake which I did casually. He seemed surprised by my action though.

"Pleasure to meet y-"I stopped when a silver Jeep stopped just beside me and Duncan, honking loudly at me and a bunch of guys screaming loudly while saying my name.
"Whoo! Whoo! Yeah, (Y/n)!"
"Looking good, (N/n)!"

My mind mentally screamed "Not again" when I noticed that the driver was none other than Troy, the king of Herbert High school who goes after girls whom he assumed as 'easy' when he's not with his on and off girlfriend or should I say, one of my friends, Jenna. And apparently, he and his fellas have picked me. I can't believe we used to be childhood friends, looking at him now.