Growing Pains: Part 2

"Sure is a mess. Looks like she was having supper before she got snatched," Duncan heard one of the police officers commented as they looked around the (L/n)'s destroyed house. "Lots of old folks in this neighborhood kind of keep to themselves. No one really saw anything. Just heard a crash and some screaming and we didn't know anything about it until you called us, Ms. Rosenblatt," the officer added and Duncan clenched his fist as he narrowed his eyes, silently cursing himself in his mind for not hearing anything.

"Well, that's certainly helpful," Margaret mumbled sarcastically while rolling her eyes, unable to believe that nobody else called the police after such a thing happened. "Have you gotten a hold of (F/n)? I've been trying to reach him, but I still haven't got a hold of him yet," she asked as the officer turned his attention to her while Duncan stepped into the collapsed house of the (L/n)'s carefully and started looking around.

"We've been trying to reach him as well. Heard that he had to go on a business trip just this evening and when we contacted to the airport, they said his plane has already taken off which means that we probably won't be able to reach him for a while."

Duncan continued to look around cautiously and then, he paused when a broken photo-frame with its glass long shattered caught his eyes. But it wasn't the broken frame or glass that caught his attention. It was the photo inside it. He carefully picked up the frame, his eyes never leaving the picture of him and (Y/n) which was taken just not too while ago on a date they had in the park. Duncan's grip on the frame thickened and he gritted his teeth.

This was his fault, he thought. He should've known better that it would definitely have come after him like it did and now...it took her. Suddenly, Duncan started to feel a powerful wave of rage stirring up inside him as he breathed in deeply, making sure to remember the scent that belongs to none other than the monster who took her away. Coming to attack him at every chance they get to get his position was one thing, he was used to it. But getting the girl he loves involved like this...they had freaking crossed the line.

Determination filled in his chest as Duncan turned to leave, he promised her.

He promised (Y/n) that as long as he was there, he wasn't going to let anything happen to her.

And he was going to keep it.

Duncan stepped back outside and his eyes instantly landed on a man who was arguing with one of the police officers. "Do your damn job and get these weirdos out of our town, Terry! This never would have happened before HE came!" Duncan heard him yell as two police officers tried to stop the man from lunging at him.

And of course, Margaret immediately walked right up towards that man and gave him back a piece of her mind, instantly shutting him up.

"Don't listen to him, Duncan," he heard Jenna said as she, Leo and Kenny approached him and stood by his side. "Yeah, bro. None of this is your fault," Kenny agreed while Leo nodded in agreement as well.

"But it is my fault. You guys don't know, but this is all my fault. And I'm going to do whatever it takes to fix it," Duncan replied, narrowing his eyes in determination and just when he said that, Margaret's phone started ringing, drawing their attention.

"Hello?" Margaret answered her phone, giving the man one last glare before turning away from him. They watched her talk on the phone with someone for a while. "Mm hm, yea. I'm on a mobile phone. That's right. (Y/n) is missing...*sigh* Fine. I will give one of those to him...And I'm taking the jet from the school...No, you can't stop me...Alright, hang on," she said, turning her attention to Duncan who's been watching her.

"Duncan, Barnes want to talk with you," she said and Duncan walked up towards her and took the phone, "Hello?"

"Duncan? It's Barnes here. We've been monitoring the situation on the police band. Listen kid, we don't have much time. Go back to your house first right now and follow your mom to the basement. She'll give you something that will keep us in touch"