Getting Back On Feet

Hey guys! I haven't written here for a while and I just saw that a lot of people haev asked me whether I'll continue writing Fire Breather or not and I am seriously really happy to see that you guys enjoy reading this so far.

And yes, I'll be continuing this book. I apologize in advance to all of you that it may take me some time to update, but I'll try my best to update as often as I can and I hope you guys enjoy them.

For now, pls stay safe. Take care. I love you guys so much and thank you so much again for your support💞💕!

P. S. I hope you guys enjoy the references I've put in the previous chapter. Huge points to the readers who can recognize them.

(Y/n) hummed softy as she rang the doorbell of the Rosenblatt's family. "Coming," she heard Margaret yelled from the inside as she waited. Not a second or two later, Margaret opened the door and her eyes lit up with delight as soon as she saw (Y/n) standing in the door way with a smile. "Ah, (Y/n). Good morning, dear! Lovely weather today, isn't it? Come on, in. You're just in time for breakfast!" she said, letting (Y/n) into the house as she closed the door behind her.

"Thank you, Margaret. Good morning to you too! Indeed, it's a lovely weather today," the (h/c) haired girl greeted back, returning the warm smile as she stepped into the house, taking off her shoes. "Is Duncan up yet? I hope I didn't come here too early," she said, making Margaret smile as she shook her head. "No. No. You came with perfect timing, dear. I suppose Duncan isn't up yet. Apparently, he's been doing some late night flights the past few day, testing out his new wings I think. I heard that the two of you are going to Kenny's house today," Margaret said, making (Y/n) smile.

"Yes. Duncan and I thought that it'd be nice to go and check in on our friends since we don't have any school until next week. Do you need any help in the kitchen?" she asked, attempting to follow Margaret into the kitchen to help prepare for breakfast, but Margaret smiled and shook her head at (Y/n), waving her hand slightly.
"That's very nice of you. No need, dear. I've got this. Could you go wake Duncan up for me if you don't mind? I think he's still asleep in his room."

"Oh, okay."

"Great! His room is just down the hallways, I'll call you guys when breakfast is ready!" Margaret said happily as she headed back into the kitchen while (Y/n) smiled and started heading down the hallways to her boyfriend's room.

Your pov,

I walked down the hallways like Margaret said and not too long after I reached to Duncan's room. I knocked onto his door softly while trying to be careful not to startle him in case he was still asleep. "Duncan, are you awake?" I called.
...
...
...
No reply.

Is he still asleep? 

I opened the door slightly and peeked into his room, quietly calling out his name once again. "Duncan?" Oh, his room is tidier than I thought it would be. My eyes shifted around the room until my eyes finally landed on the bed where I see my boyfriend still deeply asleep in his slumbers. I smiled and quietly walked up towards his bed.

"Duncan~" I called once again, sitting down beside his bed.

...

"Duncan, wake up."

...

"Wake up."

...

"I'll eat all the breakfast if you don't wake up~"

...

I couldn't help, but chuckled quietly. He didn't even budge. I looked at his sleeping face. He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping. He's gone through so much since the Homecoming. Talking with the M.E.G.T.A.F and trying to arrange everything peacefully and coming to an agreement with both Mr. Belloc and the agency must be exhausting with just the thought.

I wouldn't blame him for wanting to sleep a few days peacefully without worrying about a Kaiju attacking him or the agency watching him. I gently brushed a strand of his hair away on his forehead as I called out his name once again, "Duncan~"