All The Wrong Timings In The World

Duncan quietly walked around the house, fully dressed up and making sure to keep himself quiet. He glanced at his mother's room from the window, checking to see if she was still in there. When he was sure that she was, he continued to make his way towards the door. Just then, he passed by the mirror and stopped as he stared into his reflection and held his throat lightly where he felt a little hot and dry ever since he has gotten his fight-or-flight ability called ''Fire Breath.''

He sighed and was open to open the door, but he ended up switching on the lights by accident and a familiar voice that makes Duncan flinch spoke from right behind him, "Duncan Rosenblatt."

He gasped, knowing that she was right behind him and that he was totally busted. He watched his mom walked up to him with her eyes narrowed from the mirror and smiled nervously as he cleared his throat a little.

"Where do you think you're going?" Margaret asked, giving her son's chest a firm yet soft tap, demanding to know an answer without any lies.
"Well, uhh, it's like this...I'm kind of going on...a date to a um, party," Duncan said, glancing at his mom's face here and there to see if she was upset or not.

Margaret's eyes widened at Duncan's words, "You were invited to a party? And you've a date?" she said before a very delighted smile appeared on her face. "Oh, I'm so happy!" she said happily as she pulled her son into a tight hug. Duncan smiled as he hugged her back, "Your confidence in my people skill is overwhelming, mom," he said before pulling away while Margaret continued to smile.

"Of course not! You've even gotten yourself a date! Let me guess. Is it that girl from the other day? (Y/n)? Oh, if it's her, I'm totally cheering you on for it," she said, and Duncan felt heat quickly rushing to his cheeks as he backed away towards the door.

"Umm...yea. Anyway, it's probably just a couple of dorks sitting around playing video games," he said as he reached for the handle.
"Well, I hope you have fun," Margaret said with a smile and Duncan smiled back as he went outside and closed back the door. He waved at her one last time before running out of the yard, heading towards (Y/n)'s house to pick her up.

It only took Duncan a few minutes to reach to (Y/n)'s house as he rushed all the way there, excited to see her since this was actually his first date with the girl he likes. He smiled when he saw her in the doorway, looking all so beautiful as always as she fixed her heels while holding her purse. For a moment, Duncan was taken back by how gorgeous she looks.

(Y/n) looked up and a bright smile appeared on her face when she spotted him

(Y/n) looked up and a bright smile appeared on her face when she spotted him. "Hey Duncan! You ready?" she said happily as she walked up to him.

"Hey! Umm...Y-yea. Sorry I was late," Duncan said and (Y/n) smiled as she shook her head. "No worries. I just finished as well. Thanks for picking me up by the way. Come on, let's talk on our way to the party," she said and the two of them smiled as they started walking together to where the party was.

Sparks In Our Love [Duncan Rosenblatt X Reader]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara