Chapter 8- Saudade

Saudade

[soh-dah-duh] Noun 

[-A deep emotional state of melancholic longing for a person or thing that is absent-

-Third POV-

Error woke up, lying on soft green grass.

A gentle breeze blew against him, making the grass around him wave softly. 

White clouds drifted by above him. He couldn't feel much of anything. Except for the warm sunlight coming from the sun above the clouds and sky.

"Where am I?"  He thought to himself. Error sat up while stretching his back, making some satisfying popping sounds. He hadn't had a good nap like that in a while.

 Error glanced around and noticed Classic and Red. They were far from him. It seemed like they were discussing something.

"Why are they here?" Error thought. "What the hell is going on?" Error inhaled then exhaled. He didn't want to have a panic attack without someone he trusts around.

The former destroyer pulled strings from his face. As he did that, he was immediately shocked afterward. He had done it as if it were instinct. Error hadn't used his string magic since he was released from his sealed prison. 

Error stood up and pulled a good amount of strings from his face. The two seemed to have noticed him. Classic and Red both went into defensive stances. 

Error charged his strings towards them.

And missed.

The two stared at his strings as they flopped onto the ground next to them, they then began staring at him. Error stood there blankly. A yellow hue of blush filled his face. 

"uh bye" Was all Error said before he turned around and began sprinting away. 

Saying Error was a little rusty would be an understatement. He had never missed a target ever when he used his strings in the past. He didn't think being sealed away for 30 years would affect his ability to control the direction of his strings.

He could hear Classic and Red not too far from him.

 "Didn't I have a head start? Am I that slow?" Error thought as he kept running.

 It's not that he was scared of them. He was embarrassed. At this point, the best option was to just keep running. But he wasn't used to running this much, especially in this weak state. So his legs gave out under him, causing him to trip and fall flat on his face. 

Classic and Red teleported over. Red held Error down as he tried his best not to laugh. "That was quite a performance." Red sneered. Error lifted his face from the dirt. "Hilarious..." He stated in a monotoned voice. Classic kneeled beside the glitching skeleton. "you don't need to run..." Classic stated in a soft tone. He didn't mean to scare the poor guy. Error only stared at him in disbelief and irritation.

Classic nudged Red's side, making the edgy skeleton roll his eyelights and back off Error.

Error stood up, brushed off his clothes, then looked away from them in embarrassment. "We're not gonna hurt you..." Classic stated while shoving his hands into his pockets. Red snickered "What the hell was that earlier?" The edgy skeleton asked while laughing. That only caused Error to blush. The former destroyer folded his arms. "None of your business!" he answered with a huff.

 "Could you explain why were in FarmTale?" Error asked, looking back at the two. "Oh, is that where we are?" Classic asked, cluelessly looking around at the area. Error mentally facepalmed.