Chapter 3- It Really Begins

Chapter 3: It Really Begins

Dream's POV

[In a Dream]

I was sitting on a bench with my family. The lovely sun setting in the distance, orange, and pink covering the once blue sky. The wind blows through the tree's dark green leaves.

It was peaceful...

Till Everything went black...

Another nightmare? I Sigh...

Blue strings pull my family away from me "No!! Lux! Cross!" I chase them only to find...Error

He was smiling...why is he smiling? Why is he alive?

"n-no.. you're supposed to be dead...I killed you with my own magic!"

Error gave a sinister smile "Well I'm alive..and...I'm coming for you" He reached for his face and pulled off more blue strings. I turned to run but was pulled to him. His eyelights staring into my soul "No! No! No! No!"

"Wake up! Hunny!! Wake up!"
...

I jolt up from the couch, Cross was by my side, I huffed, gathering my breath
"You alright? This one seemed bad"

Oh stars...He's alive...

Cross kissed my forehead "Remember, it wasn't your fault, he ran away from that family and we've been searching for years, you've done all you could do.."

I nod while wiping my sweat "I'm alright and I know, but this one wasn't about Palette..." He pauses and sits next to me, rubbing my arms "What was this one about then?"

I look him firm and dead in the sockets "Error is Alive, he's dreaming as we speak.." Cross looks away, concerned. His emotions shift from calm to nervous...

I'm glad he sees how serious this is...

Cross turns back to me "Error doesn't sleep tho a-and he died remember? 30 something years ago?"

I shoot off the couch "Stop talking to me like I'm crazy! I may have been to therapy! But that was only because I lost my only son and I lost Ink! But I know what I saw and I saw Error! He said he was alive! And I'm not crazy!!" I hold my head and sit back on the couch.

Cross quickly hugs me "I'm sorry, I'm sorry...I believe you... you're never wrong..what do we need to do?"

"I need to call Nightmare.."

Cresent's POV

"Nightmare residence, his son speaking......a huh.....no he's not here....nope neither is dad....sure I'll leave a message.........yes sir Uncle Dream...love you too bye." I hang up the phone and walk out of the library room of the mansion.

I wonder what Uncle Dream wanted to talk to Father about...It sounded kinda urgent. Too bad Father nor Dad is here, so more work for me to do.

I swear I do everything around here, while Father and Dad go out and do whatever.

I head down the dark hallway of Father's castle and into the kitchen.
I grab a soda and pop it open.

But I guess it's good that they're out today, I can go check on Pj and the wingdings guy while I have the chance.

I turn into goop and reform in the Anti-void.
I look around the vast white void while sipping my soda "Paperjam?"

I pause, looking down at the wingdings guy's clothes on the floor.

Hmm...maybe I shouldn't have left Pj alone with that guy. Who knows what's happening right now.

Error's POV