Chapter 10- Backtrack

-Error's POV- (yay it's another first pov)

-3 Hours Earlier-

After we had gone inside, we all ate dinner with Farmer and their kid Rice. She was the cutest little thing. Farmer was kind to me, I don't know why though, maybe Horror told him something. He offered me a lot of food and since I had told him about my magic he told me that I need to meditate and focus to help it come back faster. So, that's what I did, I even practiced some of my magic outside. Now it's back and probably stronger than before.
After dinner Classic had left to get some shut-eye before we leave. He had told me he wanted to get Ink from prison before things got too hectic out here.

 Right now though, Horror and I are sitting out on the porch of his home late a night or I guess you could say early. 

I stare blankly at the ground, not paying attention to what was going on around me. Beside me, Horror was packing a lunch with a focused expression, he glances up at me, worriedly. "Error?" He suddenly calls me. I hum in response, looking up at him. Horror places his hand on my shoulder. "You alright?" He asks, raising a bone brow. I give a light chuckle "I'm fine. Just thinking is all." Horror hands me the packed lunch with a soft smile. "About?" He nudges me a bit. 

I shift my gaze to my bandaged hands. "Ya know, seeing Ink, after all these years." Just saying his name made my soul churn. 

"Why am I so nervous?"  I thought as I clenched my fist. 

Horror gave me a light pat on the back. "Reunions are always nerve-racking," He said with a smile. "I'm sure he'll be ecstatic to see you!" I smiled back. For some reason, that made me feel better.

A faint sound of footsteps came from behind. Horror and I turned around to see Rice standing there, yawning. Horror gets up and grabs his small child, holding her close to his side. "Sorry Rice cake, did I wake you?" He asked while rocking her back and forth. 
I smiled. That's not something I thought I'd ever see.

Horror yawns as he pats the tiny skeleton's back. Rice laid her head on Horror's shoulder as he swayed. "Say bye-bye to Uncle Error, he won't be here when you wake up tomorrow." Rice held up her tiny hand and waved, tiredly. Horror waved too. I wave back while smiling. Horror left, carrying his daughter back to her crib.

I was alone again. I wasn't tired. I had slept earlier, so nothing but thoughts to keep me entertained.

Getting Ink is the only way to ensure the kid's safety. Even if my magic was returning to me, I have to make sure those kids don't get wrapped into my mess. Even if that meant I had to get locked away again. If anything happened to them because of me... I don't know how I would live with myself. I don't know what I'd do either, but I'm sure it wouldn't be pretty.

I sigh, messaging the back of my nose. I was startled, basically screamed when I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder. At that, Classic flinched as well. "Oops, sorry for startling you, heh" I just stared with a blank expression. "You ready to go?" He asked me as he helped me off the porch stairs. I looked around before looking back at him. 

"Where's Fell?" I asked as he put his hands into his pockets. "He's still asleep, I'm gonna let him rest," He stated with a shrug. "I'll be back for him later," I smirk before nodding which just made him blush. "Just to take him home!" He fussed. I put my hands up in defense. "Hey, I didn't say anything." 

After grabbing my things, I turn to Classic. "So where are we headed?" Classic's smile dropped slightly. "After you had left, many multiverse threats had risen to take your title." My sockets widened.

 That was news to me.

 Classic continued "Just like how the Omega timeline became a sanctuary for the good, Core Frisk had created a place for the wicked, a prison if you would." He paused. "Well, we're going there, to Devil's Island."