CHAPTER 9

"Huh?"

Bright. That was the first thing Izuku saw. He jolted up to look around. He glanced at his lower side to see an IV on his hand. He knew this place, he knew very well where he was. Hospital. He tries to remember everything that happened. The bomb... Getting thrown towards a building... Kacchan...

Kacchan's coming?

"Oh, looks like you're awake." Izuku turned to see the door open, revealing a doctor followed by a nurse. He smiled a little before asking something, "What happened? I can't seems to clearly remember anything..."

"Well, Hero Dynamight said that he saw you sitting with your head bleeding on the edge of a building. He predicted that a bomb thrown you there." So Kacchan really came... he thought. Izuku asked where Katsuki is now, but the doctor said that he immediately came out again to probably take care of the villains and other things. Izuku's heart sank as he heard that, the fact that Katsuki was care more about work than him, his hu- no, ex-husband, who's currently almost dying.

Izuku was silent as he stared at his lap. Then, he remembered something, his eyes widened in horror. "My baby! What about my baby?! Is it okay?? Please tell me that it's alive and still beating inside of me!" Izuku started to tremble, fear drawn on his face. He will never forgive himself if the baby's gone. It was the only thing left from Katsuki, and he had to take care of it.

"Ah, yes, about that...." The doctor trailed off. Izuku listened while panicking. He was unprepared for what was to come. "Your baby is alive." Four words were enough to make Izuku calm down again. He was so happy, so relieved he almost cried. "However, it was a luck that it's alive. You were thrown too hard, causing great pressure on your back and stomach. Your baby barely survived." Izuku nodded, still feeling guilty. He know he could have been more careful. He's the number 2 hero, so he's disappointed at himself.

"Thank you... Thank you very much!!" Izuku smiled while wiping his now flowing tears. "That's our job after all." The doctor smiled back. The doctor then explained a few things such as when Izuku could go home, and what medicine he had to take for recovery. Izuku seemed to be able to be discharged from the hospital tomorrow, after a few check-ups.

~~~~~

A few weeks have passed since Izuku was discharged from the hospital, not forgetting to tell the doctors and nurses to keep his pregnancy a secret. He obviously don't want the public to know about it yet. He also has told his Mom about the baby, and she's being extremely supportive and trying to always help him through his pregnancy.

Now he is 4 months pregnant. Traumatized by the previous incident, Izuku became anxious and very rarely out of the house. At least once in a while to buy groceries. He can't keep ordering fast food because they're not healthy. Ochako also comes to accompany him sometimes, so he isn't too lonely.

He also try to updates his twitter rather frequently. He didn't want to make people worry if he was absent for too long. However, sometimes he has a hard time there. There are a lot of questions like "What happened between you and Dynamight?" "Why haven't the wonder duo show up for so long?" "Why haven't you tweeted about Dynamight in a long time??" etc. It makes him feel sick.

It's been 4 months, but it all feels like it just happened yesterday. He still can't move on. After so many years he's been with Katsuki... The bullying, insults, but soft moments when they're still together... All that has happened, but Izuku still loves him. He loved him from the start. And when they parted, he couldn't help but feel like he was being stabbed by a million knives. Katsuki is the reason he was still holding on. But there are lots of people out there who need him. There's his, their baby who needs him. So Izuku keeps trying to keep it all together.

~~~~~~

What the hell?! Why- What is Deku doing here?!!?! Katsuki ran towards him, ignoring the villain, which is rare. Katsuki is one of the wonder duo alongside Deku. Deku is known as the hero who saves and Katsuki as the hero who attacks the villains. But of course this time it's different. This is Deku we're talking about.

Katsuki held Deku's body which now felt very weak and fragile. His eyes opened slightly and he was tearing up. Katsuki immediately panicked when he saw him in a collapsed state with a bloody head. He looks horrible and he hates it. It reminds him of an old, bad memory and he definitely hates it. Without wasting any time, he blasted himself towards the hospital. He decided to let the other heroes and the polices to take care of the villains responsible for this.

When they arrived, Izuku was immediately given the treatment he deserved, and because he's a hero, the Doctors and nurses took extra care of him. several hours had passed and Katsuki was gone, before the doctor informed him about the condition of Izuku's baby. It wasn't that he didn't care, but that he was afraid.

He had already left Izuku. He had made Izuku sad and heartbroken. Katsuki knows that he can pretend to love him and still make him happy, but he acts stupid and decides to get a divorce instead. He knows Izuku would hate him eventually. He probably already moved on. Honestly, he would actually feel jealous if Izuku did found another guy or girl. He had thought about it for days. But he was still confused as to why he still couldn't feel the feelings he used to feel.

He's confused on why he can't feel "love".

~~~~~