THIRTY-THREE

Jimin rushed around his hotel room, gathering supplies needed for the makeshift date he came up with at the drop of a hat since his original plans faltered

Jimin rushed around his hotel room, gathering supplies needed for the makeshift date he came up with at the drop of a hat since his original plans faltered. After the fiasco post radio show, everyone was told to stay in the hotel to avoid overbearing fans or paparazzi because surely everyone will want information on Lyla and their relationship now. He felt as if the universe was holding some sort of grudge against him as once again, the special plans he had for a girl he actually gave his heart to was to be put on hold.

He was never one to want to do things like wine and dine or give jewelry. Fuck/suck and leave was the way things used to be but ever since Lyla came into his life, she snuck her way into his heart and made him want to be a better man, and more importantly, he wanted better for himself.

No longer feeling the need to keep a hard exterior, or at least with her, he planned on doing what he could to make up for the lost time due to trauma clouding his judgment about her. He was just thankful she kept her word to not leave him like everyone else had when he got tough to love. It wasn't an excuse for the way he treated her but admitting he was wrong was a start.

Laying out the blanket onto the high-rise hotel room balcony that overlooks the city lights below, he grabs the containers of food that Jin was kind enough to go pick up for him. He just didn't foresee room service being good enough for their date. She deserved more than that.

Grabbing an extra blanket to cuddle under together and putting on some soft music, he takes a deep breath and nods his head at the best he can offer right now. A knock on the door makes his heart begin to pound so heavily that he could hear it in his ears.

Why was he nervous like he'd never been with her before?

Opening up the door, a genuine smile automatically spreads his lips as he stares down at Lyla's large beautiful brown eyes coated with some of the naturally longest midnight black lashes he's ever seen. Her supple olive skin against that same black dress he had asked her to purchase during their first shopping trip together and her long wine red-dyed hair that smelled of sweet cream and flowers immediately caught his attention making the world fall away around them.

Clearing his throat, he steps aside to let her in, "You wore the dress... you look beautiful tonight."

"Thank you," she shyly grins and he notices that same adorable deep pink tint starting to peak through the apples of her cheeks.

He was so worried he'd never get to see that again.

"You look handsome as well," she states as her eyes roam over his perfectly tailored white button-down shirt that was neatly tucked into fitted black slacks.

He thought it was cute how they both still dressed up as if they were going to be able to go on a real date. Thanking her for her compliment, he takes hold of the Do Not Disturb sign and hangs it on the other side of the hotel door right before shutting it.