SIXTY-EIGHT

Stepping out of the limousine, Lyla did her best to allow her eyes to adjust to the flashing lights without grimacing

Stepping out of the limousine, Lyla did her best to allow her eyes to adjust to the flashing lights without grimacing. With the training she'd received, she had multiple practice runs on how to deal with the cameras and all of the shouting photographers who were trying to get her attention. She had found herself having nightmares about the possibility of showing up on the front page of a tabloid with the ugliest face she could have made. Afraid of that outcome, she continued to graciously smile and keep her posture as straight as possible.

"You look beautiful. Relax," Jimin lovingly hummed in her ear, placing his hand on her back to guide her forward and walking slower than normal so that she wouldn't trip in her four-inch heels.

"Do I look nervous?" Lyla worriedly questioned, even though she still had a breathtakingly gorgeous smile on her face.

"I don't think any human being on this planet could look more beautiful tonight," Taehyung answered instead while leaning down to her ear, careful to not step on her white gown as he walked behind them.

Her blush gave him all the gratitude he needed. Jungkook charmed reporter after reporter as he answered some of their questions while his bandmates tended to their girlfriend. They all secretly agreed that at no given time would Lyla be left alone and instead made a pact that at least two of them would shower her with their attention throughout the night.

"Lyla! Over here!"

"Jungkook! Place your arm around her!"

"Taehyung! Smile at us!"

"Jimin! Look this way!"

"Lyla! Jimin! Jungkook! Taehyung!"

"Dirty Deeds!"

It was extremely hard for any of them to keep up with all of the demands on top of the loud cheering coming from the crowd of fans. Still, they all looked professional and unphased as they slowly made their way down the red carpet, pausing from time to time to take their turns to talk to journalists or pose for photos. Even Lyla appeared to have done this very thing her entire life as she handled every second with grace and class.

Unfortunately, not everyone was kind to the group. Occasionally, they'd hear some rude remark or Lyla would get some sexist asshole who spoke before he'd think, but they had kept their promise to not let it bother them. Especially JK who had to promise Yoongi repeatedly that he wouldn't let anyone bring out his worse side and let anything negative roll off of his shoulder; even right before making it to the venue.

Didn't mean he didn't have thoughts of wringing a few necks or knocking someone's lights out while he continued to showcase that bunny-like smile of his that made him appear more innocent than he actually is.

The guitarist made sure to keep a mental note of every face that pushed their luck.

"Over here, guys," a reporter from E! News shouted with her bright pink lips that perfectly matched the rosy-hued color of her dress.