009 | misunderstood

Tightly gripping onto the dagger that he has on his right hand, Asahi began to cut the ropes that are tying up his hands. The edge of the sharp object had contact with his pale wrist for many times, but he did not care at all, as long as he can free himself from the ropes.

The beads of sweat on his forehead made his few hair strands to stick on it. He was already tired of trying to escape for how many times, but giving up isn't on Asahi's vocabulary.

"Finally," Asahi said with a muffled voice due to the cloth that is covering his mouth. His hands were finally free from the ropes, and it is now the time for him to also free his feet from the ropes.

After removing the cloth that is covering his mouth, Asahi began to cut off the ropes tied around his feet. Of course, he succeeded.

"I need to find Hyunsuk and Jaehyuk," he muttered under his breath and quietly ran up to the only door of the dark room where he is in.

Just as he was about to open the door, he heard two voices talking to each other, making him stop and to eavesdrop on the conversation from behind the door.

"How did you manage to capture the three of them? Yoshinori wouldn't let that happen because he is with them."

"Noa, you are underestimating the one and only Terazono Keita in front of you."

"Oops, sorry for that."

Asahi felt his anger burning inside him. But his mind is telling him to calm down for a bit.

Noa Kazama is one of the most trustworthy member of their team, that's why he is assigned as a spy to watch over the other groups, their enemies rather.

After hearing how Noa comfortably talks with one of their enemies, Asahi was disappointed and worried for their team.

"You go check on Asahi and I'll head to where Jaehyuk is."

After hearing Keita's words, Asahi heard footsteps walking away from where he is. Just then, he heard Noa starting to open the door where he is standing behind.

Asahi waited for the latter to get inside the dark room before he tackled and pinned him quietly onto the cold floor.

"Tell me I heard it wrong, Noa," Asahi growled, pinning Noa harder to the ground.

"You did," Noa breathed out. "I am trying to earn their trust, that's why."

"Why are you trying to earn their trust?" Asahi harshly asked. "In order to make our team crash down earlier as possible? Is that it?"

"It's the opposite, Asahi," Noa corrected the latter. "I wanted to know what are their plans, especially on taking down our team during the eliminations. That's the reason why I barely come home with all of you because I spend my time being with them."

"Tell me that you are saying the truth, Noa," Asahi ordered with his voice almost trembling.

"I already swore from the start, but I'll say it again," Noa said as he tried to move under Asahi who still had him pinned on the ground. "I, Noa Kazama, swearing that I'll stay and never betray Dark Mist and my fellow members no matter in what the situation I am in."

Asahi looked straight into Noa's eyes, seeing that the latter is being true to him. "The team code, last step."

"Loyalty and teamwork above all."

With that, Asahi finally let go of Noa as he stood up. Noa sat up and looked at Asahi before flashing a smile to the latter.

"Find the other boys," Noa told Asahi. "I'll get Hyunsuk and Jaehyuk out of here as soon as possible."

"What about you?" asked Asahi, worried for Noa's safety.

"I've been through so many of this, Asahi. No need to worry," Noa reassures the latter. "I'll help you get out of here. I have already hacked into their system, no need to worry about the camera footages."

"Why are you so trustworthy even though you are lying," Asahi scoffed as he pulled Noa up from the floor.

"It's only me, Asahi. Just me, myself, and I," Noa chuckled with a smug look.

Asahi could only roll his eyes before a small smile appeared on his lips. Again, he is with Noa, going to do the same thing that they always do.

Escaping in a hellhole.