018 | at midnight

"Can y'all stay still for once?" Yoshinori grumbled, annoyed by the other guys running around.

An absolute chaos is currently happening on their place. Jihoon had Asahi hung above his shoulder with Jaehyuk squishing the poor boy's cheeks. Then there's Junkyu and Mashiho, singing their lungs out despite being out of tune in some melodies.

"I can't with y'all," Yoshinori sighed while rubbing his face with both palms. "Bunch of children in an adult's body."

The chaos died down when their leader, Choi Hyunsuk, entered the door with a blank face. The five young men were halted in awkward positions and faces, while Yoshinori remained unfazed.

"This isn't the time to play," Hyunsuk tells them before letting out a sigh. "We are definitely surrounded with traitors."

"Traitors, you say?" Jihoon questions as he finally let down Asahi to stand on his own feet. "Who exactly is that?"

"Kim Seunghun," Hyunsuk mouthed out, letting out a groan after. "Everything is just so fucked up."

'I knew it,' Yoshinori thought from his seat. It was very suspicious for him on how Seunghun helped them all of a sudden.

"Yoshi, what are you trying to think?" Asahi asks the latter.

All eyes laid on Yoshinori. His gaze is dropped down on the floor, eyebrows meeting together with his sharp gaze.

"We need to kill them on the next elimination."

Junkyu bit his lower lip, scared at how those words came out from Yoshinori's mouth. He knew that the latter was serious and would definitely do what he said.

"We need to plan about it starting tomorrow," said Hyunsuk. "We can't waste a single time on this, but I really need to call it a day. I will see all of you early in tye morning tomorrow. Good night."

The leader then left, leaving the rest on the same area. Yoshinori stood up from his seat and told them that he is taking a walk outside for a while. Asahi asked if Yoshinori wanted some company, but the latter nicely denied the offer.

Walking through the empty streets of the city, Yoshinori had his hands on his pockets. The quiet city during midnight relaxes him so much.

Well, not until he spotted Yunhee inside a convenience store. It would be better if Yunhee's alone, but one of their enemies, Terazono Keita, is seated across Yunhee. They were talking about something and Yoshinori is curious down to his core.

Yoshinori hovered the hood of sweater above his head, making sure that his face isn't that visible before going inside the convenience store. He quietly walked down the second aisle, making the first aisle to cover him. The first aisle is aligned to the table where Yunhee and Keita are.

"Maybe we could meet here often at this hour. We already bumped into each other for many times already and would end up having midnight snacks here," Keita said with a chuckle. "Funny how destiny plays with us."

"You really love being with me, don't you?" Yunhee teased.

"Stop," Keita whined.

Yunhee then laughed. "Okay, sorry!"

"I might fall in love with you again if you keep being nice with me."

"I can't be bad, Keita."

"That's my point! You are too nice─"

"And you are too adorable."

"Yunhee, seriously─don't test me."

Blinking repeatedly for a couple of times, Yoshinori tried to process if he heard that right. They were past lovers.

Shaking his head to drop the thought, he picked two bags of chips from the aisle and walked up to the coolers to grab a can of beer before heading to the counter to pay.

"Shoot, I need to go, Yunhee. I'm sorry if I can't walk you home," Yoshinori heard Keita said.

"It's okay. You go ahead."

"I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to you next time, alright? Get home safe."

After that, Yoshinori heard the door open then close, implying that Keita finally left.

"He might be having his bad boy duties in a rush," the male cashier said with a deep voice, making Yoshinori to crease a brow.

"Bad boy duties?" asked Yunhee. "What do you mean by that, Haruto?"

"You can ask this guy in front of me," Haruto responded, making Yoshinori to have an eye contact with him.

"Huh?" Yunhee mouthed out, standing up from her seat and walked towards the counter to take a look at the guy who is now faced with Haruto.

"You seem familiar to me," Yoshinori whispered under his breath as he deeply stared on Haruto's orbs.

Yunhee finally saw the face of the guy standing in front of Haruto, and she was slightly shocked to be greeted with Yoshinori's face.

"Shino? What are you doing here?" Yunhee asks the latter, but he was only focused on Haruto.

"Too bad that you can't recognize me at all," Haruto frowned, handing Yoshinori's change on what he bought. "Thank you for purchasing. Have a great time!"

Yoshinori huffed, rolling his eyes before looking at Yunhee on his left. "Why are you even out here at this hour?" he asks the girl.

"I am always here at this hour almost every day of the week," said Yunhee.

"Without Yunseo and your mother knowing?"

"Why are you even asking me anyway? How long have you been here?"

"He was here before Keita even left," Haruto spoke out of the blue, making Yoshinori to shoot a glare at him.

Yunhee swallowed the growing lump on her throat and a shiver traveled down her spine when Yoshinori looked back again to her.

"I'll walk you home," Yoshinori tells Yunhee as he opened the exit door for her.

"No, I can go home by myself."

"Do you want me to tell this to Yunseo or─"

"Fine, I'll let you walk me home," Yunhee interrupts Yoshi before she finally exited the store with the lad following her.

There was a brief silence, not until Yoshinori matched Yunhee's pace.

"Didn't know that your taste in men is Terazono Keita."

Yunhee halted on her steps, so did Yoshinori. The girl had her eyes widened a bit, while the boy remains his cold face.

"You heard that?" asked Yunhee.

"Yeah," Yoshinori boldly answered. "But I didn't mean to," he lies. "Why? Should I not hear those? I'm sorry then."

Remaining silent, Yunhee shifted her gaze and started walking again. Yoshinori also did, matching with her pace once again.

"You know what?" Yoshinori began, cutting off the silence between them. "I saw how you enjoy being with Keita and I am so jealous because of that. Maybe because I am not being nice with you."

Once again they halted on the sidewalk and met each other's eyes.

"You're jealous?" asked Yunhee, trying to make sure she heard that right.

"Yeah, I am," Yoshinori responded. "You should treat me nicely if you want me to be good to you. I still haven't gotten my revenge after you threw that freaking apple on my head."