012 | traumatic past

With a stern look on his face, Yoshinori walked out of the gate. Yunhee is quietly following behind the boy, but the decided to speak up anyway.

"I never expected that you and your friends were also those kind of people," Yunhee began.

"Exactly what?" Yoshinori questioned, still continuing his steps without even looking back. "Bad guys? Thieves? Killers? Criminals?"

"Are you all of those that you have mentioned?" asked Yunhee.

"Find out yourself," Yoshinori tells her.

Yunhee fell silent after that. Even though she wanted to know, she chose to keep quiet.

Yoshinori finally found the motorbike that Noa meant. There were two helmets, so he looked back at Yunhee.

"Come closer, will you?"

Yunhee slowly took her steps towards Yoshinori. The boy immediately slid on the helmet on Yunhee's head and secured it so that it won't come off.

"Alright, hop in," Yoshinori spoke after wearing the other helmet and positioned himself on the motorbike.

Yunhee only stood beside the motorbike while pulling down the skirt of her school uniform. When Yoshi felt the girl's presence, he looked on his right side.

"You okay?" he asked when he saw her pulling down the hem of her skirt repeatedly. "Wait, are you on your period and aren't wearing any—"

"No!" Yunhee immediately cut him off.

"Then come a little more closer," Yoshinori told her as he took off his leather jacket. "Be quick, Yunhee. I still have many things to deal with."

Yunhee immediately obliged and Yoshinori did not waste any time to tie his leather jacket around the girl's waist.

"Next time, don't go anywhere while you are still in your school uniform," Yoshinori told her. "Hop on, I'll take you home."

"You don't even know where I live," Yunhee mumbled as she comfortably sat behind Yoshi.

The Japanese boy scoffed as he started the engine of the motorbike. "Jang Yunseo is your twin brother and I am friends with him," he stated. "I saw you sleeping on the couch one time when Yunseo asked me to come with him to your house. I saw you are only wearing a bathrobe with your hair still soaking wet."

"What the hell?!" Yunhee shrieked. "And Yunseo did nothing?!"

Yoshinori only shrugged off. "He just snorted when he saw you and minded his own business."

"And you kept staring at me that time?"

"No," Yoshi denied. "You ain't a queen of mine for me to stare at you. Also, I am a well mannered man."

"Yeah, but ran off after kissing me that night," Yunhee said with gritted teeth.

"That's a different case," Yoshinori reasoned out. "Anyways, hold tight for your safety."

"Where do I— damn it! Why did you suddenly speed off?!" Yunhee screamed as she wrapped both of her arms around Yoshinori's waist when the boy abruptly drove the motorbike.

"You talk too much," said Yoshinori.

"And you deny too much," Yunhee fired back as she rested the side of her head on Yoshinori's back.

Yoshinori clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes after. "Denied what?" he asked. "Don't talk to me like that as if we are close friends."

"What a jerk," mumbled Yunhee.

Hearing what Yunhee just said, Yoshinori was hurt for a bit. Jerk, the word that he hated when other people call him by that. But not only that word, there's still much more.

People from his past used to call him jerk, heartless, greedy, and selfish after that traumatic event. And now that he heard a person called him a jerk after a few years, he got mad all of a sudden.

"Not now," Yoshinori mumbled.

"What was that?" Yunhee wondered after hearing the boy mumble.

"Nothing," responded Yoshinori in a calm tone.

After that, the whole ride went silent. None of them dared to speak until they finally reached their destination. Yoshinori halted in front of Yunhee's home without turning off the engine of the motorbike.

"Wow, really, in front of my eyes?"

Yoshinori and Yunhee looked on their side, only to see Jang Yunseo in front of the gate of his house, arms crossed against his chest and an eyebrow raised.

"Noa ordered me to drop her home," Yoshinori said honestly.

"Dude, she isn't close with Noa," Yunseo insisted.

"I was with Yedam before that," Yunhee finally spoke and handed the helmet that she have worn to Yoshinori.

Yunseo repeatedly nodded his head, but it snapped back to Yoshinori after he processed what the two have said.

"Yedam, then to Noa?" Yunseo mouthed out to the boy. "What the hell, Kanemoto?"

"We dealt about something," Yoshi shrugged.

"Bunch of bad guys," Yunhee whispered. "Uh, thank you for driving me home, Yoshi. Stop being a jerk, alright? Have a good night!" she said for the last time before going inside the house.

Yunseo had an uncomfortable look on his face after hearing what his twin sister said to Yoshinori.

"I apologize for her calling you by that word," Yunseo told the latter.

Yoshinori shook his head. "It's fine. She has been calling me by that name because I really am."

"Let us quit talking about that because you aren't," said Yunseo. "By the way, what's with your rival group? Yedam asked permission from me earlier to borrow Yunhee and now I just heard that you are also with Yedam? What the hell is happening?"

Yoshinori briefly summarized everything that happened in order to clear Yunseo's mind. The latter immediately processed everything and it finally cleared his mind.

Jang Yunseo, despite being friends with the two rival groups, is unbothered. Of course, he cares for them, but it isn't his business to know what's happening between the two groups since he isn't a part of any of them.

"So, one of their allies tried to kill my sister during the prom night?" asked Yunseo in disbelief.

"Yeah," Yoshinori briefly responded. "But I don't know why, maybe it was meant for me or that guy was trying to trick me."

"Yedam is so dead to me if I ever see him," Yunseo mumbled. "Anyways, you get going. It's already late. Thank you for bringing Yunseo home."

"You watch out for your twin sister. She's a pain in the head."

"She's a pain in the head and ass," Yunseo chuckled. "Drive safely. See you around some time and tell the boys I don't miss them."

"Will do," Yoshinori smiled before speeding off.

While travelling the empty road leading to the highway of the city, Yoshinori could only curse under his breath after realization hit him.

"Fucking hell," he mouthed out. "My leather jacket, I forgot— damn, I hope she would just leave it alone and not be curious on what's inside those pockets."