021 | reverse

"Yoshinori isn't dying, right?" the leader, Choi Hyunsuk, chuckled in nervousness while pacing back and forth beside the bed where Yoshinori laid unconsciously.

Jihoon then scoffed on his seat by the corner. "Him? He's not going to die," he spoke. "I think y'all have forgotten how he survived that bomb explosion incident way back─"

The speaking boy was cut off when Jaehyuk used his hand to cover the latter's mouth and glanced nervously on Yunhee that is seated beside him.

"Yoshinori survived a bomb explosion?" Yunhee asks Jaehyuk for clarification.

Hyunsuk immediately glared at Jihoon, but his eyes softened when he looked at Yunhee. "Kinda absurd but, yeah," he responded instead of Jaehyuk. "He was obviously out of his mind at that time."

Yunhee could only nod her head, not even wanting to say anything. The room went silent for a while before the door was opened by someone.

"Hey," Jaeyeol greeted as she entered. "Kinda late on the sudden news, sorry. Is Yoshinori doing better?" she asks, stuffing herself between Jaehyuk and Yunhee.

"Hyunsuk already donated some blood on Yoshi since they have the same blood type," Junkyu spoke. "He was really pale and bleeding so bad when Yunhee was holding him unconsciously that night."

They talked for a while, discussing on how to get on a better situation. The topic then switched on Jaehyuk and Jaeyeol's status with them teasing the two.

"I just heard this from someone," Jihoon spoke. "You two are officially together─if I'm not mistaken."

"Such big mouthed people," Jaeyeol scoffed with her arms folded across her chest. She then glanced sharply on Jaehyuk beside him. "Or you were the one who spread it, were you?"

Shaking his head in disagreement, Jaehyuk is trying to prove his innocence on the accusation. "I did not tell anybody about it.

"Then, how come some people knew when there are only two of us when I said 'yes' to you?" Jaeyeol questions.

"Hey, come on," Jihoon whined. "Don't make it a big deal. Sorry if I opened it up suddenly."

"Shut it, Park Jihoon," hissed Jaeyeol. "You know every single gossip on our school."

With a smug look on his face, Jihoon wiggled his eyebrows, agreeing on what Jaeyeol have said about him.

"Excuse me for a while. I'll just take a walk outside," Yunhee tells the others as she stood up.

"Need some company?" Mashiho asked with a small smile and Yunhee could only nod her head.

Both of them exited the room and took the ways for them to leave the hospital. Mashiho and Yunhee are having their own small talks about things that both of them can relate.

"Things are getting messed up─big time," Mashiho chuckles. "This is just too much for our consequences."

Yunhee smiled bitterly. She knew to herself that she is entangled with all of the things that are happening around them. Her feelings for Yoshinori was the cause for all of it.

"Why don't we buy something to eat before we return?" asked Mashiho, trying to switch the topic. "I'm pretty sure they are hungry as well."

"Alright, let's get some."

Mashiho and Yunhee entered a mini-grocery just a few blocks away from the hospital. Mashiho went to the beverage section to get some drinks while Yunhee went to grab something to eat.

Yunhee had a basket in her hand filled with different types of biscuits and chips─as well as some fruits. While strolling on the aisles, she could feel someone following her from behind with light steps. She did not make it obvious and continued on her way as if she doesn't notice anything.

"Yunhee."

Startled by the sudden voice that she heard, and is very familiar to her, the female halted her steps. The hand that is gripping the handle of the basket with groceries tightened as blood rushed on her face. "Stay away from me," Yunhee whispered with gritted teeth.

"I just need to talk to you about─"

"There is no need for us to talk about something, Keita. How shameless of you to even approach me as if you did nothing." Yunhee looked back at the lad with anger painted all over her face. "You did nothing to me, but I truly despise what you did on those people that I care the most."

"Because that is our job, Yunhee," says Keita. "Try to reverse it. All of your friends would also kill my pals if they were in our situation. Truth be told, I would be dead right now if Yoshinori had enough courage to kill me with his own hands. He chose not to, and you are the reason behind it."

Yunhee was taken aback by the sudden truth and confusion at the same time. She was intrigued by the last thing that Keita said. "What do you mean by that?"

"Oh, believe me. You already knew that he would take a bullet for you, right?" Keita chuckles. "And if Yoshinori tries to kill me, you'd still be mad at him because you still care for me even for a tiny bit."

"Quit talking, Terazono," Mashiho suddenly spoke behind Yunhee. "Stoo playing with Yunhee's mind and just back the fuck off."

Keita only shrugged his shoulders and started to walk away as if nothing happened, leaving Mashiho and Yunhee staring at each other, stuck in confusion.