3

"11 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria last month. The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos, when the attack occurred."

" Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil not only because of the actions of criminals, but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent is no victory at all", King T'Chaka says at the conference.

" The Wakandan king went on to--."

Steve mutes the TV before he can hear the rest. As he sets down the remote, Lauren place both of her hands on his shoulders. Steve tilts his head to kiss the knuckles of her right hand, then gently cups her hand in his and rubs his thumb over her fingers.

 Steve tilts his head to kiss the knuckles of her right hand, then gently cups her hand in his and rubs his thumb over her fingers

They hear the faint sound of a TV coming from Wanda's room, which also happens to be the news.

We then hear the feint sound of a TV coming from Wanda's room, which also happens to be the news.

"Your turn," Lauren says, making him sigh, " I'll be right behind you."

She follows him as he walks into Wanda's room.

"What legal authority does an enhanced individual like Wanda Maximoff have to operate in Nigeri--."

Steve turns off the TV before it could finish.

" It's my fault", Wanda says.

" That's not true," Steve says.

" Turn the TV back on. They're being very specific," Wanda says.

"I should've clocked that bomb vest before you had to deal with it. Rumlow said Bucky...", Steve starts as he and Lauren both sit down on either side of Wanda on her bed, " and all of a sudden I was a 16-year-old kid again in Brooklyn. And people died. It's on me".

" It's on both of us", Wanda says.

" You did the best you could, darling", Lauren says as she grabs ahold of her hand and twists her ring around.

" This job... We try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that, then next time... maybe nobody gets saved", Steve says.

Like he's not supposed to, Vision phases through the wall of Wanda's room when he could've just walked through the door.

"Vis! We talked about this", Wanda says.

" Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that... Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr.Stark was arriving", Vision says.

" Thank you. We'll be right down", Steve says.

" I'll... use the door this time", Vision says as he walks towards the door, "Oh, and apparently he's brought a guest".

" Do we know who it is?", Steve asks.

" The Secretary of State", Vision says.

" Not good," Lauren says as she makes direct eye contact with her husband.