14

Although seeming like a mistake, the bug Steve picked did it's job just fine. It transported all of the supers to the airport parking garage, where they're greeted with a white van.

" Cap", Clint says as he watches the muscular blonde exit the small car.

" You know I wouldn't of called if I didn't have a choice", Steve says as they shake hands.

" Hey, man, you're doing me a favor. Besides, I owe a debt", Clint says as he looks back at Wanda.

" Thanks for coming", Steve says.

" It was time I got off my ass", Wanda responds.

" How you doing, hon", Clint says as he pulls Lauren into his embrace.

" I have my moments", She says, " You look old, man. Is that- do I see a grey hair?".

" No you don't".

" Yes I do, it's right there".

Clint smiles at her, knowing that something is off, but still happy to see her.

" How about our other recruit?", Steve asks.

" He's raring to go. Had to put a little coffee in him, but he should be good", Clint says as he opens the van, the bang causing the man inside to wake up.

" What time zone is this?", Scott asks as he gets pushed, " C-Captain America".

" Mr. Lang", Steve says as they shake hands.

" It's an honor. I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow, this is awesome. Captain America! I know you too, you're great... Jeez", Scott says as he squeezes Steve's biceps, " Look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so, thinks for thanking of me. Hey, man".

" What's up, tic-tac", Sam says.

" Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time when I--", He starts.

" It was a great audition, but, it'll never happen again".

" Is now really the time for this kind of banter?", Lauren asks as she steps forward.

" Says you", Clint says.

" Holy crap, you're beautiful", Scott blurts out, " I-I mean no. N-not that you're not, it's just you're-- He's your... Captain America is your husband and you're a... God! Sh-Should I bow? Or-Or curtsy...".

" Did they tell you what we're up against?", Steve asks, directing the conversation away from his wife.

" Something about some psycho assassins?", Scott asks.

" We're outside the law on this one. So if you come with us, you're a wanted man", Steve says.

" Yeah, well, what else is new".

" We should get moving", Bucky says.

" We got a chopper lined up", Clint says.

An alarm flares, and a man speaking German comes on over the speaker system.

" They're evacuating the airport", Bucky says.

" Stark", Sam says.

" Stark?", Scott asks.

" Suit up", Steve says.

And so, everyone does.

" Steve, we need to talk".

" Not now, Lo", Steve says.

" I don't have a good feeling about this. Don't you remember what happened in New York? My powers almost went loose because everyone was against each other", Lauren says.

" You know that we don't have a choice. Get ready", He says, making her sigh.

Her magic-resistant bracelets make it hard, so she closes her eyes to concentrate, but soon, Steve stops in his tracks.

" What did you do?", Steve asks.

" I stopped time".

He looks around, all the heroes frozen. Not a second of time passing by.

" How is that possible".

" I-If i concentrate hard enough".

It's known that she's powerful, but nobody knows exactly how much.

" Steve.. we can't do this. We can't go up against our allies. They're our friends".

" They're not exactly up for a discussion".

" Them or you?".

" Where is this coming from, Lo?".

" I-I don't want this to end badly".

She feels her powers slowly fading, but she doesn't give in.

" We'll get through this. I promise you we'll survive long enough to.. to even start a family one day, if we wanted to".

His words make her smile. She knows she must act quick, because time is literally slipping through her fingers.

" I...".

And then, her power's give out, causing time to start. Lauren falls down on the ground, the extensive use of her powers weakening her body.

" Honey, are you alright?", Steve asks as everyone else crowds around her.

" Okay...", Lauren slurs, unable to open her eyes.

" What happened?", Wanda asks.

" I don't know", Steve says, " Lo, you're staying out of this. Barton and Wanda will stay with you".

" No!", Lauren says, using all of her strength to sit up, " I... I can do this".