7

Steve's words have stuck with Lauren. She wonders what she has done wrong. Sam has had to reassure her that he's just grieving.

But, she knows that's not true.

Lauren knows her husband, and she knows when he is not okay. There's something... different about it. It's like his past is affecting him.

When Lauren walks down to meet her husband in the lobby, she sees Sharon and Steve getting a little too chummy.

" Steve... there's something you should see", Lauren says as she gently rubs his arm.

She then leads the two up to their hotel room, where the news reporter gives it all away.

" A bomb hidden in a news van ripped through the UN building in Vienna. More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of the suspect, who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations".

" I have to go to work", Sharon says as Lauren continues to comfort her husband.

" Sam... could you give us the room?", Steve asks as Sharon walks out.

" Of course", Sam says, following Sharon out the door.

" Are you okay?", Steve asks his wife.

" I should be the one asking you that", Lauren says as she crosses her arms.

" Answer the question", He says.

" I'm fine".

" Tell me the truth".

"{sighs} I'm. Fine".

" Don't make me ask again".

" Baby, you're grieving. You don't need to know about my problems".

" Your problems became my problems as soon as I married you", Steve says, grabbing Laurens arms as he looks into her eyes, " What's. Wrong".

" Nothing's wrong", Lauren says as she shoves him aside, a little too forcefully.

" Lauren, talk to me", He says as he walks back up to her.

She looks into his eyes. She looks deeply into his eyes. She wants to tell him the truth, she wants to tell him so badly... but it's not the right time.

" I'm... just a little jet lagged, " She says with a smile, " That's all."